PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Dynamotor…

David DeCristoforo
08-15-2012, 1:44 PM
In the threads about the "monster" lathe, some questions have arisen about the Dynamotor. I have not yet had a chance to put this motor "through it's paces" and plan to write a full review of it in the near future. But here are some answers to a couple of specific questions:

Does it have braking capability?

Yes. Braking and many other operating parameters are "user configurable" through a computer interface (GUI). The microprocessor board is equipped with ethernet ports and a flash ROM chip. I will have more information about this later.

Is is "enclosed"?

Yes. The motor is built on a "standard" #56 frame and is a TEFC (Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled) motor.

My initial impression of this motor is that it is an amazing piece of technology. The manufacturer has stated that these motors were not developed with woodworking applications in mind. So they are anxious to hear my (our) thoughts about them and how they might improve upon the design or make them more adaptable to a woodworking environment.

Gary Max
08-15-2012, 4:52 PM
How much do the cost????----- I looked at their web site and could not find any pricing info.
Surely they are not pricing them one at a time over the phone???