PDA

View Full Version : Any cyclone fence installers here?

Larry Edgerton
08-14-2012, 8:46 PM
I tore out a wolf enclosure today for the fence. It will give me a 70x40' garden that the elk can not get in, and for good measure I will throw an electric fencer on top.

But..... I have never installed cyclone fence. I have poles and top rails and of course the fenceing and two gates.

If someone has done some of it professionally or paid close attention to an installation I would like to know the sequence and if I need any special tools. This was a pro job and looked great, but I am not sure how they got the aluminum ties so neat.

Do you stretch it? Didn't seem all that tight, but it had top rails.

Thanks, Larry

Donald Ethredge
08-14-2012, 9:34 PM
http://www.yourfencestore.com/cl/clinstall/index.htm

Chris Walls
08-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Larry
We installed a page wire fence 8' tall around our garden to keep the deer out. We have a lot of them around and we got tired of feeding them the garden. It's about 70' x 90'. We used 12' cedar poles from the cedar swamp and peeled them , set down about 3 ' and corners braces with diagonal fence stretchers with fence tensioners in them. But what I wanted to say was we used our tractor as an anchor and attached a come -a- long to the draw bar and stretched the fence tight before we stapled it to the poles. I know it's not chain link but it might give you an idea.

Chris

Jim Koepke
08-15-2012, 12:08 AM
If you cement your poles in place, do not do as many do with a mushroom top to the cement. You want it straight or slightly coned to keep water from getting under it and pushing up your posts when the ground heaves in during cold weather.

jtk

Larry Edgerton
08-15-2012, 7:21 AM
Donald, thanks for the link. Very informative.

Chris, I was up in your neck of the woods last weekend. My brother raced at Bark River so I took my dad up to watch. He got a first and a second in supertruck. He just bought a 1150R, mint with 5000 miles for $4200. I'm still holding out for a GS when I get the house done. Nice garden!

Thanks Jim. I saw that on the site but did not know why they specified that. I thought you were in Northern California?

Larry

Chris Walls
08-18-2012, 9:41 PM
Larry
I've been past that race track a lot of times , doesn't seem I'm ever in the area on a race day. I cant take credit for the good looking garden, that all my brothers fault ( ha ha ) He's retired from the army and has the time. Thats a good price on a really nice bike. Those R models are fast. A neighbor has a R1200R, very nice.
Chris