PDA

View Full Version : Louisville, Ky. Directions...

Ronald DeWeese Sr.
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
My wife and I will be in Louisville the weekend of April 16th to meet my
sisters from Ohio. I would like to vist any woodworking stores or places
to buy hardwoods in that area while they mall shop:rolleyes:. I know of only one
store which is WOODCRAFT on Hurstbourne Pkwy. Are there any others
worth checking out? Thanks in advance.

Dan Bundy
04-12-2005, 7:22 AM
There's a place there called Boland Maloney that sells hardwood. I think they have a couple of locations in the Louisville area. My organization (Ky Historical Society) purchases from them occasionally for exhibit construction stuff but I've never been there.

There's a place downtown (844 E. Jefferson; phone 502-562-5000 or 800-322-5226) that has a lot of tools etc. I purchased my Vega TS fence from them several years ago. Web address is www.bargainsupply.com. As I recall, they had Jet, Delta and some other big brands. No affilitation w/this org.

Enjoy your visit to the Bluegrass! DB

Keith Ratliff
04-16-2005, 4:52 AM
I would look on woodweb.com and look up brian painter he is just north of louisville and has one of the best selections on hardwood lumber in the area and a viewing a selcting room. his business name is vineyard hardwoods. This guy is the BEST IN THE BUSINESS IN THE LOUISVILLE NORTHERN KY AREAS. Tell him Keith Ratliff sent you.

Ronald DeWeese Sr.
04-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks Dan & Keth for the info. Also searched and found a half dozen places to check out. Now we will have to leave very early tomorrow so I can visit them all before my sisters arrive. Thanks again.:)