PDA

View Full Version : Best wishes & prayers requested. Please.

John Miliunas
04-11-2005, 10:41 AM
This request is for one of our OWN, right here at the Creek. My dear friend, Dale Thompson will be headed into surgery today, to take care of some "plumbing", as he likes to call it. ANY surgery is to be considered a serious matter, so I'm requesting your help in prayers and best wishes for a successful surgery and quick, thorough recovery! Thanks much! Dale, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend!:)

Keith Starosta
04-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Boy, I sure do send out my thoughts and prayers to Dale. Here's to a quick recovery, and hoping he's back in the shop quickly. I always get a chuckle out of Dale's self-depricating style of writing.

Keith

Ken Fitzgerald
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Dale......you're in my thoughts and prayers! Get recovered quickly!

Mark Singer
04-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Dale,

I am thinkin' about you do great!

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Dale
My thoughts and prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.
Will be thinking about you.
Daniel

Lou Morrissette
04-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Dale,

My thoughts and prayers go with you. Get well soon, Bud.

Lou

Jerry Olexa
04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Dale we will pray for you....

Martin Shupe
04-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Dale, you are in our prayers as well.

Steven Wilson
04-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Any "plumbing" work is a serious undertaking, good luck Dale !!! I'll probably be joining you in a month for some plumbing work.

Dean Baumgartner
04-11-2005, 1:41 PM
My thoughts are with you as well Dale...hope everything turns out fine.

Dean

Dick Parr
04-11-2005, 1:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with ya Dale. Hope all goes well and the plumber puts all the fittings back where they belong. ;)

Take care Dale.

Ted Shrader
04-11-2005, 1:50 PM
Dale -

Get well quickly, my friend. Prayers are with you, your family and the doctors.

Regards,
Ted

Joe Mioux
04-11-2005, 2:07 PM
Dale: Best wishes for a Speedy Recovery. Hurry back to SMC!

Joe

Earl Reid
04-11-2005, 2:13 PM
you are in our prayers Dale,
Earl

Bryan Nuss
04-11-2005, 2:16 PM
Dale,

Hoping you have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Karl Laustrup
04-11-2005, 3:36 PM
Hey, Pesh, will say a special prayer for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Hope you get back on that 'puter real soon.
Karl

Harry Goodwin
04-11-2005, 4:17 PM
John we will be praying for Dale. We alway think surgery is minor until it's ours. God bless. Harry

Bart Leetch
04-11-2005, 5:27 PM
We'll be praying for you Dale. Keep your chin up just don't lead with it. :eek: :D

Tyler Howell
04-11-2005, 6:03 PM
Go Dale!

Me and the Big Guy Gotchor Back!!

Tony Falotico
04-11-2005, 6:43 PM
Got ya covered with prayer Dale, get well soon.

Jim Becker
04-11-2005, 6:59 PM
Ah, Dale....the healthcare professionals will never be the same after the likes of you! ;) :D (Best wishes and I hope you heal quickly!!)

Tim Morton
04-11-2005, 7:13 PM
Make sure you get a "doctor" to take care of your plumbling issues...no way you can afford a plumber!!! Good Luck Buddy!!! And whatever you do treat the nurses well....something tells me they will like your sense of humor.

Randy Moore
04-11-2005, 7:14 PM
Dale, best wishes and our prayers are with you. Hurry up and get well, we need you in the 'Creek!

Randy

John Weber
04-11-2005, 9:28 PM
Dale,

Take Care, you have my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

John

Ron Jones near Indy
04-11-2005, 9:36 PM
My prayers are with you, Dale. Get back as soon as you feel like it. We'll miss you.

Jerry Clark
04-11-2005, 9:40 PM
Good luck Dale, and wishing you a fast recovery-- miss your humor!:D

Charlie Woods
04-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Dale I will pray for surgery success and a speedy recovery. ( and pray that the plumber doesn't tighten the wrong pipes)!!!!:)

David Klug
04-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Dale

May the Lord bless the Doctor with the necessary skill for a successful operation and the ablillity for your body to heal quickly.

DK

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
04-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Add my prayers to the list.

Norman Hitt
04-11-2005, 11:19 PM
All the Best to you Dale for a successful Plumbing Job, and a Speedy Recovery. :( :(

Bill Lewis
04-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Dale,

If it's a plumbing issue, just remind the doc the following:

"Hot on the left, Cold on the right, "you-know-what" goes down hill"

Good luck on your recovery!

Dale Thompson
04-12-2005, 8:52 PM
Your prayers, thoughts and expressions of concern are very much appreciated and I thank you all most sincerely. :) It looks like the scavenger at the very bottom of "The Creek" will be fine so all of you will still have a "minimum" standard to measure yourselves by. ;)

What started out as a simple kidney stone removal (sound waves), resulted in some very scary scenarios during some pre-op exploratory testing. Anyway, the last step, which was prostrate reduction surgery was completed yesterday. I came home this morning and was cutting some pen blanks this afternoon. It looks like I will be tied to the pen lathe and scroll saw for the next few days. That's OK though because I was short of inventory in both areas.

Some of you sure read the doctor and nurses correctly. The doctor knocked me out during all four surgeries. He said that if I was awake he probably would have zapped my tonsils instead of the stone because of laughing so hard. :( One of the nurses was laughing so hard that she almost forgot to deflate the "baloon" prior to removing one of my catheters. :eek: :eek: I wonder what it's like to be a mezzo soprano!? I asked her to go to the Junior Prom with me. :cool: I'll let you know if I get an answer. If it's yes -I'm going to need a lot more help than I did with the surgery! :D :D

So don't worry, folks. Pestigo will have plenty of scrap to keep the whole town warm through next winter.

VERY seriously, though. THANK YOU ALL VERY, VERY MUCH!! :)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
04-12-2005, 9:01 PM
Glad to "see" you at home, Pesh!!! Sounds like all went well. :) I see that, whatever they cut, it sure wasn't your sense of humor and that's really a good thing! Now you just pay attention to what your plumber told you and don't put too much pressure on them thar pipes for a while, OK? Take care, my friend! Get better soon!:) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Dale....Glad to hear things went well. Now keep on the same path and improve daily!

Jerry Olexa
04-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Dale we are very happy to see you back and healthy. Now rest and take it slow & easy...:)

Mark Singer
04-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Dale,

Glad to hear you yapping...I had the Lithotrip myself.... a lot of fun ...Hang in there man!

Tyler Howell
04-13-2005, 9:40 AM
It's about time! I was missing that abuse from Next door. Welcome back;)

Ken Garlock
04-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Great that the "roto-router" procedure was a success. :) Glad that you are back and doing well. There are plenty of ads on TV about how to fix that junior prom problem ;) :D :D Do take care and listen to your doctor :)

Dale Thompson
04-13-2005, 7:56 PM
Any "plumbing" work is a serious undertaking, good luck Dale !!! I'll probably be joining you in a month for some plumbing work.

Steven,
This is for you as well as for everyone else including my SMC Family. Before ANY surgery, follow your doctor's advice to the letter!! I was told not to take any blood-thinning medication for at least five days before surgery. This includes aspirin, Aleve, etc. (Tylenol is apparently OK). I followed those instructions but I had a second unplanned surgery the following day. It was an "honest" mistake but I took an aspirin on the morning of the second day. You would not believe the agony that I went through because of one lousy little aspirin tablet. :eek: :eek:

Please! PLEASE!! Don't be as stupid as I was (admittedly, nobody is as stupid as I am). Believe me, Steven, I would not want to see ANYONE go through my scenario - even a Bears fan or a Vikings fan. I know that that is an extreme comment but it was REALLY that bad. :eek: :eek:

Good luck to you. It is a relatively simple though somewhat inconvenient procedure IF you obey the rules. :)

Dale T.

Bruce Page
04-13-2005, 8:06 PM
Dale, I'm a little late..:o, but I'm very glad that everything went well. It's good to have you back where you belong.

Steven Wilson
04-13-2005, 9:38 PM
I'm glad your plumbing work went as planned :) There's a fairly decent chance that I'll be in the shop for another Angiogram in a month or so, maybe not, I'll know more in a week - ah the anticipation is so much fun; Not.

John Miliunas
04-13-2005, 9:51 PM
I'm glad your plumbing work went as planned :) There's a fairly decent chance that I'll be in the shop for another Angiogram in a month or so, maybe not, I'll know more in a week - ah the anticipation is so much fun; Not.

Well Steve, if/when you do, keep us posted! You see how it helped Dale, don't 'ya?!:) That, plus he's usually so dern ornary that, the doctors & nurses wanted to be sure it all got done right the first time, so he wouldn't hang around there too long!:D :) :cool:

Dale Thompson
04-13-2005, 10:31 PM
the doctors & nurses wanted to be sure it all got done right the first time, so he wouldn't hang around there too long!:D :) :cool:

Hey Spring,
You are obviously just jealous. The doctor has cancelled all surgery for the next two weeks until he stops laughing. ;) The nurses have injected a lot of bacteria into my veins just to make sure that I will come back and see them again. :cool: I think that, after sixty-three years, I have FINALLY found a field where I can hold a REAL job! ;) The pay is OK but the benefits are "phenomenal"!! :D :D

In addition, at least for the next couple of days, I don't have to leave the shop to pee (sorry for the language) and I have a constant "heating pad" on my right knee. :)

I really feel sorry for you "young" guys who don't have all the "advantages" of old age! :D

Dale T.

John Miliunas
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Yup, I was right! They took a bit of you out, but most definitely left that Peshtigo humor all in its rightful place!:D Glad to have you back, Pesh!:) :cool:

Richard Gillespie
04-14-2005, 5:10 AM
Dale;

Sorry about being so late with this but I'm very glad to hear that the surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery.

Steven;

I hope you don't have to have the Catheterization done but if so I hope it goes well for you.

Rick

Karl Laustrup
04-14-2005, 7:04 AM
Pesh, good to have you back. :D

I see they didn't mess with your charm and grace. ;) :eek: :D I am glad to see you left the hospital of your own accord, not being chased by Dr.'s and nurses throwing bed pans. :eek: :D

John Miliunas
04-14-2005, 7:45 AM
not being chased by Dr.'s and nurses throwing bed pans. :eek: :D

Well now just wait...We're NOT completely sure that really didn't happen!:D :cool:

Ted Shrader
04-14-2005, 9:50 AM
Dale -

Welcome back home! Glad you are feeling better. Continue to heal - and mind the doctors instructions.

Ted