PDA

View Full Version : LaserCut 5.3 engrave axis setting?

george hine
08-11-2012, 8:35 PM
just wondering if anyone knows how to make the Chinese lasers engrave with the Y axis instead of the X axis. I got an artsign 3060N and the pad arrows and the table dont match each-others movments, so I was gonna change it to where if you stand at the front of the machine x would be left and right and y would be forward and back. however if I change it this way then the gantry that the laser head slides back and forth on would be on the Y axis and the software only engraves in the X axis. any help is appreciated also if anyone has a leetro controller that engraves VIA the Y axis please send me your syscfg file and I can figure out what settings to change.

Rich Harman
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM
For LaserWorks - In the same dialog window that you choose speed and power settings there is the option to select how it rasters. X unilateral, X swing, Y unilateral and Y swing.

However, what you describe sounds like it may not be wired correctly.

Rodne Gold
08-12-2012, 1:27 AM
There will be settings you can change to control the arrow direction of the lcd keypad with respect to the lasers motion , it may be under a machine/lcd menu or in a vendor config file. You may have to do a little searching. I wouldn't try to swap X and Y axes to solve this.
Rich , in laserworks , under vendor settings (RD8888 password) , you can change the direction of travel of the keypad.. "keying direction" can be set to positive or negative for the X and the same for the Y.

Rich Harman
08-12-2012, 2:38 AM
Rich , in laserworks , under vendor settings (RD8888 password) , you can change the direction of travel of the keypad.. "keying direction" can be set to positive or negative for the X and the same for the Y.

I know of this but as described it sounds like he needs to swap the axis not the direction of travel. Is it possible in the settings to change the left and right arrows so that they move the Y axis instead of the X?

Alexa Ristow
08-12-2012, 6:11 AM
"I got an artsign 3060N and the pad arrows and the table dont match each-others movments,"

Could it be that the cables to the x and y motor drivers have been swopped?

Regards,

Alexa.

george hine
08-12-2012, 1:17 PM
I swapped the wires and got everything how I wanted. the problem with doing this is that I cant choose to use the other axis to engrave with, so when engraving it trys to swing the whole gantry instead of the lens carriage. If I can just find a way to make it use the other axis for engraving then all would be OK. if anyone with laserworks can send me there syscfg file maybe I can find the settings that tell it what axis to use.

Vicki Rivrud
08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Hi Rodney,
Laserworks isn't the same as Lasercut? or is it just rebranded?

It has been our experience with the Leetro Board & Lasercut tht engraving with the y axis instead of the x axis is very damaging.

What are your thoughts?

Vicki
Chinese Laser Support Forum

Rodne Gold
08-14-2012, 2:13 AM
Not the same package , but its pretty similar in execution...laserworks evolved form PHcad etc...
I think engraving with the Y axis is not a good idea , the Y axis is normally a "slow" axis , takes a lot more to move the X axis gantry than the engraving head and will place a lot of strain on the motors , belts and bearing...or maybe not.. Never done stuff that way. Im pretty sure he will have some setting in software or the machine itself to "cure" this.