PDA

View Full Version : Combine Text

Kevin Baker
08-08-2012, 8:02 PM
Attached is what seems to me a simple process, but I can't figure out the correct process of getting the text (Kevin & Sonya) to remove the part of the text of Baker where they overlap. I'm sure I'm not saying this correctly, but in the end once I "combine" these two object, the word Baker would be missing the parts where Kevin & Sonya were. I still need to be able to select either part. I keep trying different things, covert to curves, using all the tools in the shaping docker, etc, something at last would work, but I'm not sure what I did to make it work.238750

Hope this makes sense.

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-08-2012, 9:12 PM
If I understand this correct, break apart your contour so then when you look in Object Manager, you have 1 white curve, 1 red text, and 1 black text. Now select the white curve and the black text. Now select Shaping, Back Minus Front. The black text should now have the white curve area removed from it and all you have left in your Object Manager is 1 red text and 1 black curve.

Kevin Baker
08-09-2012, 4:59 AM
Mike -

Perfect... I wasn't breaking apart the contour.. Thanks so much for the help.

Darren Seibert
08-09-2012, 8:54 AM
Thanks Senior for asking that question...I have so much to learn and the Creek has come through again. I would have never thought of that.

Darren
Retired Navy CTA1