PDA

View Full Version : Photography question

Mike Henderson
08-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I have a bunch of pictures that I took at a relative's 100th birthday party. Other family members want to see the pictures and download the images (full size) or get prints. What's the best service to do that? I looked at Picasa but it doesn't really have a good description of what you can do with it on their web site

What service do you suggest to do what I want to do? The relatives must be able to download full size versions of the pictures, not some downsampled versions.

Mike

Kevin W Johnson
08-08-2012, 3:14 PM
Set up a dropbox account. You simply upload photos to it after creating the account. You then send invites to those whom you want to share them with and they can download them at will. I think your storage space starts at 2gb, but increases with each invite acceptance.

I did this very thing with my sisters RN graduation pictures.

Sean Troy
08-08-2012, 3:35 PM
I have a bunch of pictures that I took at a relative's 100th birthday party. Other family members want to see the pictures and download the images (full size) or get prints. What's the best service to do that? I looked at Picasa but it doesn't really have a good description of what you can do with it on their web site

What service do you suggest to do what I want to do? The relatives must be able to download full size versions of the pictures, not some downsampled versions.

Mike
Picasa works great. You can make you pics available by invite only or public. Upload them from your computer into an album from Picasa on your desktop.

Mike Henderson
08-08-2012, 3:47 PM
Okay, thanks for the information. I'll investigate both Picasa and dropbox and choose one.

Mike

Gordon Eyre
08-08-2012, 3:54 PM
As a simple alternative burn the images on a disk and mail them to your relatives. A free download like Nero will allow you to burn CDs.

mickey cassiba
08-08-2012, 6:16 PM
+1 for dropbox...it's free, and ultra reliable. Tell 'em I sen't ya...(thinly veiled pitch for more dropbox space;) )

Mike Henderson
08-08-2012, 6:51 PM
As a simple alternative burn the images on a disk and mail them to your relatives. A free download like Nero will allow you to burn CDs.

Thanks for the suggestion but there are too many people to do that.

Mike