PDA

View Full Version : Millwork Job

Paul B. Cresti
04-10-2005, 9:10 PM
Here is a job that I am almost finished with. It has been on and off for awhile
while the client and I went through designs. Still need to make the column bases and do some painting on the mantle. All millwork is made by me.

Mark Singer
04-10-2005, 9:16 PM
Paul, great work....The woodworking architect did another great job! George Nakashima was also a woodworking Architect and Peter Zumthor, Rick Joy...just to name a few...

Lou Morrissette
04-10-2005, 9:30 PM
Paul,

The word that comes to mind is elegance. Fine attention to detail and great workmanship. Gotta love it.

Lou

Jim Becker
04-10-2005, 9:48 PM
Most excellent, Paul!!! That really looks great and the scale is wonderful.

Kelly C. Hanna
04-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Beautiful work Paul! So you made the moldings as well? Nicely done!!

Keith Starosta
04-11-2005, 7:38 AM
Paul, that is really beautiful work!! How did you attach the mantle to the brick?

Keith

larry merlau
04-11-2005, 7:48 AM
great job on the millwork paul, i am sure that the cuctomer has shown their appreciation as well. that feeling always last longer than the sweat and hardwork.

Paul B. Cresti
04-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Paul, that is really beautiful work!! How did you attach the mantle to the brick?

Keith
Keith,
The mantle itself sits on a corbeled brick ledge. The top of the mantle is 3" thick and it is in two pieces (underneath). The first layer was glued and screw with Tapcon screws to the ledge and the the entire mantle was then screwed to the ledge. The side brackets have four threaded bolts in each side (which I was able to access before I attached the bottom caps) and these adjust the fore and aft level adjustment. The very top Entablature is glued and screwed, with Tapcon screws, to the brick.

Dan Forman
04-12-2005, 4:34 AM
Really nice design and execution. Truly elegant.

Dan