PDA

View Full Version : laser marking colt 45

Chris Holtgrewe
08-07-2012, 3:35 PM
Hello I am trying to get a power setting for marking a colt 45.
It is blue metal.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris DeGerolamo
08-07-2012, 5:00 PM
You may want to include the specs on your laser so that everyone knows what you're working with. Note engraving on blued metals with CO2 may be less than desirable.

Mike Null
08-08-2012, 7:33 AM
Chris

I would first try using my settings for anodized aluminum. I'd be surprised if you get a great result on a blued surface but I haven't tried it.

If it is by any chance a Cerakote finish then you can expect quite good results.

Albert Nix
08-09-2012, 9:01 AM
I tried etching a Glock once and I was not impressed at all. Unless you have aluminum under the finish I don't think you will see a good contrast. I have a colt 45 and I would never hit it with a laser. Mine has a steel frame and the last thing I want is bare steel. Colt puts a really tough finish on these guns and I can't see inviting rust. Just my 2 cents

Chris DeGerolamo
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I tried etching a Glock once and I was not impressed at all. Unless you have aluminum under the finish I don't think you will see a good contrast. I have a colt 45 and I would never hit it with a laser. Mine has a steel frame and the last thing I want is bare steel. Colt puts a really tough finish on these guns and I can't see inviting rust. Just my 2 cents

All the Glocks I have ever done came out great. Here's the last one I did.

Glen Monaghan
08-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I was just asked about marking a Glock... What settings do you use with your Legend? Thanks!

-Glen

bruce edwards
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi are you using any "coating" before you laser the Glock, or just engraving the gun as is? Thank you