PDA

View Full Version : Scan Gap Settings Help.. in LaserCut 5.3

Donald Ethredge
08-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure where to set the Scan Gap in LaserCut anyone that could do a screen capture for me, also I have a 60w laser and the settings that I was given for Power and Speed don't seem to work right. So now wondering if I'm missing something..

On cardboard to cut I have been using Speed 25.00 and Power 50.00 but on a sheet I got they have power 50 speed 400 but if I use that setting it does not cut so... am I mis-reading the numbers.238543

Bruce Dorworth
08-06-2012, 1:10 PM
Scan gap/Dpi is only used when in engrave mode. It is the same as resolution. I am not clear on what you are reffering to about the cardboard. You are not going to cut through anything at a speed of 400.

Bruce

george hine
08-06-2012, 8:11 PM
you must double click the color under layer in your pic then it will pull open a box where you can set the scan gap. hope this help please let everyone know if that is what you were looking for!

Donald Ethredge
08-07-2012, 1:28 PM
yes that worked mystery solved.

Vicki Rivrud
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Hi Donald,
Visit the www.rabbitlaserusa.com (http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com) site - Ray has been generous enough to post many tutorials and informationals in the use of our chinese lasers of most any brand, but especially those using a Leetro Controller Board.

See the common speeds & power settings pdf for vrious types of materials and a handy scangap/dpi chart.

Happy lasering,
Vicki

Rodne Gold
08-14-2012, 2:15 AM
That site is also useful for other brands , they all work more or less the same.