PDA

View Full Version : air compressor questions

Lee Alkureishi
08-05-2012, 3:55 PM
Hi all,

I picked up a used air compressor which is in good condition, but I have a couple questions about its operation:

1) there appears to be a regulator gauge, but I don't see any way to adjust the outflow air pressure. I tried adjusting the center bolt, but it didn't do anything. Am I missing something, or do I need a separate regulator?

2) where do I put the oil? The picture shows what I think is the most likely spot, between the compressor pump and pulley. is this right? It looks like a tiny funnel...

The compressor is a Campbell Hausfeld 4HP 20 gallon power pro. I haven't been able to locate a manual for it.
Thanks,

Lee

Jerome Stanek
08-05-2012, 3:58 PM
Does the plastic ring on the center bolt pull up to adjust.

Ronald Blue
08-05-2012, 4:45 PM
I can see the drain plug and it would appear that's a fill point but not very accessible. It would appear the "knob" is missing on the regulator. Counterclockwise should lower the pressure and clockwise of course raise it. You can always tee a gauge in at the outlet if you don't trust the built in gauges.

Lee Alkureishi
08-05-2012, 5:13 PM
I don't see any plastic ring on the regulator - it's all metal and nothing mobile.

which piece of the regulator should move? the lighter metal piece on which the bolt is sitting? If so, could I just glue on a knob?

Thanks again

John TenEyck
08-05-2012, 7:56 PM
You could always call CH Customer Service and I'm sure they would send you a manual, or point you to it on their website. They probably can answer your immediate questions while you're on the phone with them.

John

Lee Alkureishi
08-06-2012, 1:33 AM
Figured it out - a spanner around the base of the regulator did the job.

Thanks for your help

lee