PDA

View Full Version : Overhead Sander

jack duren
08-04-2012, 11:50 AM
We purchased a over head sander friday and forgot the name of the sander. Its MAX...... or ....MAX.

shop is 45 miles away and would like to find some info on the machine before Monday. Any ideals.....Jack

kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/3166298134.html

Bill White
08-04-2012, 2:23 PM
You've bought it without info? What do ya want to know?
Details are the issue here.
Bill

jack duren
08-04-2012, 2:57 PM
Only have a part of the name on hand . Hoping to find out the complete name before Monday. Waiting on a return call from seller. Searching "MAX" on google isn't sufficient...

Mike Cozad
08-04-2012, 3:29 PM
Performax or Supermax maybe?

Bruce Page
08-04-2012, 3:31 PM
SCMI/MiniMax? Tannewitz also has a MAX line, although I don’t see a widebelt in it.

Rick Lizek
08-04-2012, 3:51 PM
Supermax but I'm pretty sure they didn't make any widebelts them selves. The proper term is widebelts not overhead sanders. I would recommend a stroke sander as an affordable versatile sander for an entry level machine but I've only got 40 years of trouble shooting, machine repair from moulders to any kind of sander you could imagine and more you couldn't in the commercial woodworking business so what would I know...

jack duren
08-04-2012, 4:15 PM
I will have to look at the manufacture plate on the sander. just trying to get a heads up before installation and operation.

Overhead and wide belt are both used to describe the sander.

We are a commercial shop in Kansas city. We do very little sanding but the sander is cheaper than wages at times....

We were bidding on a Timesaver but were concern about it condition at Equip-Bid...