PDA

View Full Version : Nine days of demonstrating ahead....

Roger Myers
08-03-2012, 6:52 AM
Beginning tomorrow, and continuing through August 12th, I will be at The League of NH Craftsmen's Fair in Sunapee NH demonstrating various woodworking methods especially inlay and carving, as part of The Guild of New Hampshire Woodworkers. This is one of the largest and best juried craft fairs in the country and our Guild has a very, very large exhibit there each year as guests of The League. As a non-profit organization the League allows us to hold a very large raffle of items made by our members and the proceeds benefit our scholarships and grants. We also have people demonstrating every day including wood turners, hand tools, luthiers, carvers and more. I will be demonstrating line and berry inlay and some carving.

After several weeks with very little bench time due to installing new windows and siding on the house (basically a complete new "skin") I am looking forward to some serious woodworking time, interspersed with lots of talking and interaction with the fair-goers! This is always a fun time for me and I spent most of yesterday getting my tools and materials ready.

If you are anywhere in the area, this is a great place to visit! There are juried crafts of all types, all very high quality, and music, food, and entertainment. If you can make it, please be sure to stop by the Guild's tent and say hello!

Richard Wolf
08-03-2012, 7:54 AM
Sounds like a good time, have fun.

Rich Engelhardt
08-03-2012, 8:57 AM
Phewww...
Here I thought this was going to ba all about the chicken..... :D

Roger Myers
08-03-2012, 9:14 AM
I knew someone would go there... :D

Peter Kelly
08-03-2012, 9:17 AM
Will drop by on my way to Vermont tomorrow. Almost forgot about this!

Carl Beckett
08-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I have some free time over the next few days, and Warren ME was looking a little far away so this might make a nice alternative.

Matt McColley
08-03-2012, 11:02 AM
that sounds like an awesome event...

I may have to take a vacation day next week.

Sean Troy
08-03-2012, 2:07 PM
Congrats and good luck. I love Sunapee. Spent many summers up there as a kid.

Dave Anderson NH
08-03-2012, 3:31 PM
I'll be there demonstrating in the guild tent on Wednesday and Thursday. Should be lots of fun as it always is.

Richard Wolf
08-03-2012, 6:10 PM
I was looking at the web site, looks like a great event. Pretty good ride from Long Island though. Boy, I do need a vacation badly.

harry hood
08-03-2012, 6:54 PM
LOL, that's exactly what I thought too. Or maybe Occupy Woodcraft.

Peter Kelly
08-05-2012, 9:37 AM
Bit hot and humid yesterday but overall some great work and demos to see at the show. Also great to meet the artisans that sell their work through the League of NH Craftsman stores.