PDA

View Full Version : Van Dyke's Restorers Catalog

Keith Outten
04-10-2005, 5:58 AM
I recently received a catalog from Van Dyke's Restorers. Possibly I am way out of touch but this one is new to me. Reveiwing the catalog it seems that they have a very nice selection of high end hardware and some very unique products for home restoration projects. I throw away dozens of catalogs every month but this one is a keeper, their prices seem a bit high to me but everything seems sky-high these days here on the East Coast :)

http://www.vandykes.com/

Erin Raasch
04-10-2005, 6:37 AM
Van Dyke's is one of the few that doesn't go directly to the recycle bin. We have a 100-year-old house, and Van Dyke's is the place to go for that odd this, that, or whatever. I don't even recall what we first ordered from them, but we originally found them on-line and have been getting their catalogs ever since. They're a great source for hardware for period pieces, as well as a lot of other odds and ends that you can't find elsewhere.

Erin

Ray Bersch
04-10-2005, 7:37 AM
Great find, thank you. I agree that it appears prices on the East Coast are getting out of line, but according to their web site, this company is from Woonsocket, SD. I wonder if that is in the United States?

Anyway, quality always costs more. Thanks again for the lead, I will certainly use it.

Ray

Rich Konopka
04-10-2005, 9:41 AM
Here's a great supplier of "American" made quality forged hardware. A local cabinet guy told me about it and its a stone's throw from my home.

Horton Brasses (http://www.horton-brasses.com/a/aboutus/woodworking/howto/bailconstruction)

No affiliation.

Jim Becker
04-10-2005, 9:47 AM
Yes, they have been around awhile and have a lot of things that you can't really find (easily) elsewhere. For example, we needed an on-wall towel rack for our bathroom. The previous owner has all the metal in "antique brass"...nobody carries things in that anymore. Van Dyke's had what we needed to make a match...at least until we can gut the place and put all that mauve out of our misery... ;)

Lou Morrissette
04-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Keith,

They are a great source for hard to find items. Where else could I find wooden swivle wheels for a Hoosier Hutch I was restoring? Great place to do business.

Lou

David Fried
04-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I too just received a copy. I wonder where they are getting their mailing list? I did decide it was a keeper. Now to decode want I need verses what I want!