PDA

View Full Version : Freud JS100 Biscuit Joiner

Adrian Rogers
04-09-2005, 11:18 PM
So I was at a guys shop today buying a jigsaw when he asked if I needed a Biscuit jointer. Long story short, it was too cheap not to buy so I now own a Freud JS100 Biscuit Joiner.

I dont' know if I'll ever use it, but just in case, does anyone know if this is a decent one? I checked Amazon and this model is only $100 where as the Dewalt is $150 and the Porter Cable is $200. Seems like the bottom of the barrel, what's missing?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Adrian

Jim Becker
04-10-2005, 10:07 AM
I have the JS102 (very similar but more angles) and it works just fine. And...the Festool vac hose fits it perfectly!! ;)

Pat Monahan
04-12-2005, 1:29 AM
Adrian
That model doesn't have the adjustability in the fence that other more expensive models have - you could consider this a no-frills model. I have it and it works well - no complaints so far. The only incidents of misalignment in glue-ups were caused by operator error :eek: , not the tool.
HTH
Pat

Homer Faucett
04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
As noted above, it doesn't have the ability to joint at angles without you creating some jig to do so. Otherwise, it's a great biscuit jointer. I originally wanted a DeWalt for the angles, but have used the Freud for 2 years and never needed anything other than the 90 degree fence.

Brad Schmid
04-12-2005, 2:48 PM
FYI in case anyone is interested, Lowes is clearancing the JS100 right now. I was walking through Lowes the other day and saw one on the clearance table for $59. My brother in PA was looking for one so I mentioned it to him. Today he found them in the Lowes in his area for $49. He picked up 2 and is shipping one down to me. For that price, at worst I'll use it as a backup in case my PC557 ever acts up in the middle of a project. On the other hand, I may keep the big blade in it and the FF blade in the 557 to minimize setup changes.

Brad

Adrian Rogers
04-12-2005, 3:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I'll give it a shot to see how well it works.

Thanks,
Adrian