PDA

View Full Version : Free and personal conference calls???

Dennis Peacock
07-31-2012, 8:37 PM
I have a need of a free way to perform a conference call with my CMA chapter officers. Probably would only be used no more than 3 times a year. Is there a free service that I could use for such a sporadic use of this type of service?
I need to have one ready for this Thursday night if I can get this found and figured out.

Ideas, advice, and pointers are welcomed and appreciated.

Robert McGowen
07-31-2012, 9:09 PM
Well, the Google sponsor at the bottom of this page is freeconferencecall . com. :rolleyes:

Bob Vavricka
07-31-2012, 10:36 PM
I believe Skype has a conference call feature.

Brian Elfert
07-31-2012, 10:53 PM
A vendor at work used one of the free services for a conference call with us once and the quality was terrible. I would suggest taking a trail run before your real conference call to see if it will work.

Ryan Mooney
07-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Speaking of Google...

Google chat actually has free video conferencing now as well. It mostly works pretty well when I've tried it. Don't expect super high frame rates, but for free it ain't bad.

Kevin W Johnson
08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Well, the Google sponsor at the bottom of this page is freeconferencecall . com. :rolleyes:

Mods/Contributors don't see those ads.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Mods/Contributors don't see those ads.

It's optional.....they can see them if they choose....

David Weaver
08-01-2012, 7:55 AM
I don't know what CMA is, but if it's a registered charity, rather than try free services, I would be inclined to go to some of the pay services and ask them if they would donate services in exchange for a write off.

Kevin W Johnson
08-01-2012, 11:14 AM
It's optional.....they can see them if they choose....

But isn't the default setting set to ads off?

Erik Loza
08-04-2012, 10:30 AM
My wife telecommutes/conference calls daily with Google Voice.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Matt Meiser
08-04-2012, 1:40 PM
Dennis, does you employer have conference call/Webex/GotoMeeting accounts? Maybe you could get (written/email to be safe) permission to use one after hours? I know Webex/GTM is unlimited use so extra uses wouldn't cost anything over the monthly fee already being paid. And since I assume you are a non-profit you could give them a letter acknowledging the donation.

But if Google Voice will meet your needs, that's free (or at least I think its still free? I've had my account since back when you needed an invite.)