PDA

View Full Version : NBM Show Philadelphia

Shawn Cavaretta
07-30-2012, 5:07 PM
Im thinking about going to the NBM show in Philadelphia. is the show worth going to? it is a 6 hour drive for me so i planed on staying at lease 1 night in a hotel.

Is it worth going?

Scott Shepherd
07-30-2012, 6:03 PM
It depends on what you plan to go for. Overall, they are very small shows when you break them down. It's 3 shows in 1, Signs, Awards, Apparel. The t-shirt side of it, I almost never go into, so that 1/3 gone. Not too interested in awards myself, so that's 1/3 gone. I can tell you that you can normally go through it in a couple of hours. I think the last one in Baltimore, which was horrible, we went through in 45 minutes.

I don't think I'd personally drive 6 hours for it. I'd hold out and go to something bigger. What part of the country are you located in?

Jim Reinhard
07-30-2012, 6:09 PM
I went to the dallas show this year .Being new to this I learned a lot.I watched alot of the education stations and won the $500 drawing.I knoew nothing about sandcarving and sublimation so this was a big help.Spoke with the jds people and laser sketch people and learned a lot from them.For me it was well worth it going .

Shawn Cavaretta
07-30-2012, 6:39 PM
Im in Massachusetts

It depends on what you plan to go for. Overall, they are very small shows when you break them down. It's 3 shows in 1, Signs, Awards, Apparel. The t-shirt side of it, I almost never go into, so that 1/3 gone. Not too interested in awards myself, so that's 1/3 gone. I can tell you that you can normally go through it in a couple of hours. I think the last one in Baltimore, which was horrible, we went through in 45 minutes.

I don't think I'd personally drive 6 hours for it. I'd hold out and go to something bigger. What part of the country are you located in?

Martin Boekers
07-30-2012, 7:22 PM
it's a good show just to see the different aspects. I have made money from the sign and T shirt sections that I didn't anticipate.
If your new it's worth the drive. Tickets are free so no cost there. Pick up a visitors mag at a local rest stop for the hotel coupons.
They typically offer better deals than the standard discounts. Don't bypass they t shirts you'll find you can do appliques with the
laser and a heatpress. Check Magic Touch out if you go. Most have discounts whether you go to the show are not JDS has free
shipping with $500 purchase. For a small
show not too bad.

Mike Null
07-31-2012, 7:03 AM
I normally go to the Indy show which is a 4+ hour drive for me. I consider it worthwhile as my major suppliers are there and I can learn some things at the sign show. I'm not big on apparel but I usually make a quick trip through that section as well.

Scott Shepherd
07-31-2012, 8:01 AM
Im in Massachusetts

Ouch, there's not much else in the area. One decent show in Atlantic City end of November, but that's a longer drive that the NBM show, so if that's all you've got, and you want to go to a show, then it's probably worth the drive for you.

Or save the money and go to the one in Vegas in early 2013.

Mike Null
07-31-2012, 9:28 AM
There is an ARA show (sister to the Vegas show) in Atlanta in early Sept. Check their web site for details. https://www.ara.org/southeast/exhibitors.htm