PDA

View Full Version : selling items

David Hawxhurst
07-30-2012, 3:24 PM
is it better to list item in the classified section here or craigslist?

Dale Coons
07-30-2012, 3:33 PM
I always start here--chances of finding someone who knows what it is, often better. Chances of someone who wants it even more, and chances of finding someone who appreciates what you're selling probably best of all.

Of course, sometimes somebody just doesn't need it at the moment. It happens. But almost everything I've put up here is gone in a day. It's worth 6 bucks a year...

Troy Turner
07-30-2012, 3:37 PM
Sell it here first. We're always lookin for a deal :D

If it doesn't sell after a week or so, throw it up on CL.

Lee Schierer
07-30-2012, 3:57 PM
For $6 per year you get to sell as many items as you want to over 10,000 woodworkers. I doubt that Craigs list gets that many woodworkers.

Jim Matthews
07-31-2012, 6:26 AM
Here you'll get a description that resembles the item.

The seller may even have a grasp of depreciation and rarity as pricing concerns.
On Craigslist, it can be more an exercise in frustration and elation.

I, for one, am elated when the item is actually still in the seller's possession when I arrive.
More so when it matches the description given.

Andrew Pitonyak
07-31-2012, 1:56 PM
As a buyer or a seller, I have a strong preference for dealing with people here than on Craigs List or eBay.

I have higher expectations for people here than on Craigs List because here there is at least some level of community.

For eBay, I have higher expectations and lower fees.

In other words, I trust the sellers more here than on eBay.

Frank Carnevale
07-31-2012, 5:46 PM
I say here..,99.9% of the time you are dealing with honest people. I wouldn't want some unknown from Craigslist coming o my house to check out what I have