PDA

View Full Version : Thank you guys (long)

bill walton
04-09-2005, 8:12 PM
I read all of the recent threads about setting up and tuning a bandsaw and got to work. I purchased a Grizzly 16" machine for Christmas and have never uncrated it until today. With the move and everything I just figured to keep it out of harm's way until the project I bought it for was ready to go. So I got it out cleaned it up, set it up, tuned it up following all of the information recently published here. I had ordered several speciality blades but decided to fire it up with the stock blade. First I cut out a pattern for the headboard of the bed that is my next project. Nothing special there. But for an experiment I decided to see if I could resaw a piece of 3/4 sapelle. I set up the fence just as it came, with no adjustment for drift to see what drift I'd need to work on. Bang it sawed that piece with no drift whatever. Pretty rough cut from the factory blade but straight as line. Can't wait to try some 8/4 walnut tomorrow, with a different blade of course. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.

bw

Corey Hallagan
04-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the new bandsaw! Enjoy it.

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
04-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Congrats on that new b/s Bill! Once my new shop is finished that's going to be my first major purchase!

Mike Cutler
04-10-2005, 8:14 PM
Congrats on the new bandsaw. Have fun and be sure to post some pics and a review when you have time. Blade comparisons are fun. ;)

Mark Singer
04-10-2005, 9:29 PM
Bill,

The best thing you can do is to get a really good blade like the Lenox Trimaster...3/4" might be the correct one for that saw...what a difference that will make and it will last long enough to be a bargain....you will go through 20 regular blades at least...

Kelly C. Hanna
04-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Congrats on the new BS!! Sounds like you got a good one.