PDA

View Full Version : planing on buying at a show

TAMI WILSON
07-29-2012, 11:21 AM
In September I plan on traveling to Philadelphia to the nbm show to purchase either a Speedy 100 or a Universal 360. I am wondering how many of you have bought at trade shows and were you able to get a good deal or was the price pretty much what it was? At the very least I will be able to see both machines up close.

Appreciate any insights you may offer

thanks
tami

Scott Shepherd
07-29-2012, 1:16 PM
In September I plan on traveling to Philadelphia to the nbm show to purchase either a Speedy 100 or a Universal 360. I am wondering how many of you have bought at trade shows and were you able to get a good deal or was the price pretty much what it was? At the very least I will be able to see both machines up close.

Appreciate any insights you may offer

thanks
tami

They always have show specials. Always. It's a great place to deal because many times the right people to deal with are there, so you can negotiate back and forth until you're happy. Not happy, walk away, come back a few hours later and try again.

Don't you dare pay asking price for it. I would expect to pay $1000's less than the asking price.

Jerome Stanek
07-29-2012, 1:16 PM
Some times it is hard to get large items off the show floor. You may need a rigger, a forklift,proper labeling and have a spot in line at the marshalling yard.

Richard Rumancik
07-29-2012, 7:18 PM
I don't think Tami meant that she was going to buy the demo model - they take orders at the shows for normal delivery. But I suppose that they would consider selling the demo unit to someone rather than have to ship it back. So if someone was fairly local they might be able to make an even better deal on the demo unit. But it could be a bit of a hassle, as you suggest, to get it packed and loaded.

Mike Null
07-30-2012, 7:55 AM
Tami

Be advised that Trotec offers a special discount to SMC members and you don't have to wait until the show to get it.