PDA

View Full Version : New Jointer Gloat

Bruce Overholt
04-09-2005, 6:07 PM
Well, today was the yearly, one day additional 10% off Green Tag items at WoodCraft Supply. Since I already bought my Jet 14" Bandsaw there, I qualify for the $100.00 rebate also. Pics are to come but in the meanwhile this is the Jointer I ordered; http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cfm?area=shop&action=detail&iid=139797
I had planned to wait for the new Grizzly, but the Powermatic seemed to be well built when I looked at the 6" model.
I'm sure this jointer is more than I need. Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Matt Meiser
04-09-2005, 6:10 PM
Well, today was the yearly, one day additional 10% off Green Tag items at WoodCraft Supply. Since I already bought my Jet 14" Bandsaw there, I qualify for the $100.00 rebate also. Pics are to come but in the meanwhile this is the Jointer I ordered; http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cfm?area=shop&action=detail&iid=139797
I had planned to wait for the new Grizzly, but the Powermatic seemed to be well built when I looked at the 6" model.
I'm sure this jointer is more than I need. Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Bruce, what did the PM set you back?

Steve Cox
04-09-2005, 8:05 PM
Bruce, you will like it. That is the one I bought a few months ago. It has been solid and very, very smooth. I cut some fir and maple on mine and could not see any mill marks no matter what light I looked at it in. A new experience for me and not one I expect to last, unfortunately.

lou sansone
04-09-2005, 8:48 PM
congratulatons on your new purchase. I think you made a good choice in that size range. PM has a very good reputation. My first jointer was a 4" little delta lite duty model. it actually did fine for small stuff.

lou

Corey Hallagan
04-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Congrats on the new tool. Wish I had room for a jointer, but if you could see my shop, a bench top is the only thing that would work and from what I have read on them, they are a waste of money. Enjoy the new tool!
Corey

scott spencer
04-10-2005, 7:07 AM
Yep...that looks like it ought to do the trick! :) 'course, I can't know for sure without coming over and trying out for myself.....do you think it'll handle my 8" wide elm boards? :D

Congrats and enjoy!