PDA

View Full Version : Sending Money to China - Paypal or International Bank

Ken Maxwell
07-28-2012, 9:35 PM
I want to buy a Weike Laser and Lucy Lee said to send the down payment thru an international bank. I'm having a hard time finding one in our area. Has anyone ever used Paypal to send the money to them?

George Carlson
07-29-2012, 9:45 AM
Just go to your bank and ask for an international wire transfer. G.Weike should be able to provide you with the proper account numbers and overseas transfer bank. It should cost around $45 as I recall. Your bank will probably do the transfer through an international bank like Wachovia in New York. Most Chinese companies can not accept Paypal for bookkeeping reasons and the high fee charged by Paypal.
Weike should email you a Proforma Invoice. This invoice will have all the banking information on it. It is important to arrage the receipt of the shipment through a customs broker, even before you place the order. In that way the customs broker can examine the documents to make sure you will not have big problems at entry. Plan to spend about $800 on customs duties and services like the FDA, x-rays, intense inspections and the like.

Ed Griner
07-30-2012, 6:44 AM
Ken, I'm a Paypal member and use it where ever it is accepted. I got a rear view video camera(via E-Bay in China) for my bucket truck,and use it exclusively for online payments,which is all the time. PP makes long distance payments a piece of cake. I have had problems on E-Bay with purchases and PP resolve every one to my satisfaction,with minimal baloney. Good luck!