PDA

View Full Version : I've fallen and I can't get up...

Harold Burrell
07-27-2012, 9:05 PM
I went to an antique tool auction yesterday. It was one of Martin Donnelly's. I was absolutely blown away.

What started as a hand tool curiosity quickly became an attraction (once I put my hand to an old stanley plane awhile back). Now...it has become an obsession.

Somebody...please...help...me.......

eugene thomas
07-27-2012, 9:33 PM
I hear ya, fore me was lie-nielsen plane and mow can't stop the brown truck from bring morr of their tools.

Jim Koepke
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
This is just one of the reasons I live in the sticks and stay at home.

No yard sales to walk to. No signs pointing to yard sales. No place to spend money for about 10 miles.

jtk

Steve Branam
07-28-2012, 5:31 PM
Don't worry, I'll save you! Quick, send me all your tools!

Glad I could help :)

gary Zimmel
07-28-2012, 6:26 PM
I've heard there is a 12 step group that can help one...
But I have yet to be able to find it..:D

Mark Dorman
07-28-2012, 6:32 PM
Admit it to yourself (as I did) you have fallen and it's so fun you don't even care.

Mark Wyatt
07-28-2012, 8:58 PM
There is no help. Give in to the dark side....

Joe A Faulkner
07-28-2012, 9:12 PM
... are just a few more tools, and then you'll have everything you need.

Archie England
07-28-2012, 9:41 PM
Swoosh!!!! is that sweet sound of fine shavings and rapid sliding down this awesome slope....:)

Harlan Barnhart
07-29-2012, 3:22 PM
Harold, I doubt you will find much help here. Maybe a little push further along the path, some good company but no cures.:)

Gary Herrmann
07-29-2012, 4:31 PM
Umm, going to one of Martin's auctions is one way of trying to kick the habit. If you shock yourself every time you reach for something in a lot. I haven't been to one of his auctions yet, but I get the fliers...

Harold Burrell
07-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Umm, going to one of Martin's auctions is one way of trying to kick the habit. If you shock yourself every time you reach for something in a lot. I haven't been to one of his auctions yet, but I get the fliers...

I ended buying some stuff. Hand planes. One of the coolest things about it is that I get to go pick up what I bought at Martin's house. He seems like a pretty neat guy.

Michael Ray Smith
07-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Bunch of enablers around here.

Zach Dillinger
07-30-2012, 8:25 AM
The next couple of days are always full of worry for me. I have to wait for my email from Donnelly saying how my absentee bids did, and how much I owe him. I get a littly twitchy, waiting to see which of those glorious lots I get to call my own in a couple of days. Mortise axes, wood planes from Colonial Williamsburg, a post drill... gotta get my fix soon, and I need to know how much I need to hide from my wife. Should be easier, what with our upcoming move. What's one more box (or four) of tools in a truckload?