PDA

View Full Version : Laser keeps going out of alignment Epilog mini

Shawn Cavaretta
07-27-2012, 10:29 AM
my epilog mini keeps going out of alignment. i had the laser dead center on the target and no it is off center. what is causing this. what can i do to keep it aligned.

Larry Bratton
07-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Suggest you contact Epilog tech support. They have an online Chat line that is great. Brian Jacildo mans this and he is an excellant tech, plus he has all the other techs in the room with him.

nathan mcafee
07-27-2012, 11:53 AM
I had my Zing on a tall table that seemed to wobble when I did raster engraving. Switching to a new table drastically cut down on my need to realign. Might help.

Shawn Cavaretta
07-27-2012, 1:33 PM
I had my Zing on a tall table that seemed to wobble when I did raster engraving. Switching to a new table drastically cut down on my need to realign. Might help.

thats what i was thinking i have it on a steel table but when i raster it wobbles. well i guess its time for a new table. if that dosent work then i will call epilog and see what they have to say

Rob Bosworth
07-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Shawn, after you finish your alignment, put a spot of nail polish on the heads of all of the SHCS that are used for alignment. You don't want to fill the socket for the Allen wrench, but you want to put a spot on the exterior of the head of the screw and the mount that it goes down into. This will help keep the screws from turning and changing your alignment.