PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought you had a handle on available tools...here comes another!

Tim Rinehart
07-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I was just searching the net and put in woodturner.org, and what popped up, but a site by Stuart Batty. Not just that, he's coming out with his own line of high quality laminated 10V tools with some different methods for holding the piece in the handle, kinda like a collet.
A few pretty cool tools to peruse, some available, some not...will be interesting to hear impressions on another entrant into the turning tool market.

Alan Trout
07-27-2012, 10:44 AM
I have seen his prototypes at the last couple of national symposiums. They are very nice tools and handles, but suspect they will be incredibly expensive. I am not sure for the amount of capital outlay to produce such tools and with what is currently available that there is that much market share for a tool of this caliber. Not saying there is not but knowing the average turner I am just not sure if it can be that profitable. But time will tell and wish him all the best in his endeavor. They seem to be incredibly nice and well made.

Alan

Jon Prouty
07-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I've been waiting a long time for these tools.... I'm not the only one. We'll see eventually when they come out.

Jon