PDA

View Full Version : VersaLaser and CorelDraw X5 issues when engraving anything

Ed L Miller
07-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi all,

I just upgraded my computer and slapped Win7 x64 with CorelDraw X5. I installed my VL200 VersaDriver (1.30) as well as the Advanced driver. I loaded in the Versalaser .cpl and made sure that line widths were correctly set as well.

When I run any job using either an imported .eps, basic black text or a "hairline" red box the laser is only engraving the edges of whatever I send to it. :(

Any one have any idea what I have messed up or is the problem my CO2 tube is dead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Ed

Zvi Grinberg
07-27-2012, 8:07 AM
This is a pallette issue with Corel settings.
Look to find if you have old pallettes from Universal and add them in Corel folder.

In Corel - Adding Pallettes

Place your Driver Disk that came with your Universal Laser System into you CD Drive then In themain menu of CorelDraw at the top of the screen, click on “Window”, then “Color Palettes”, and then click on “None”. Once again click on “Window”, then “Color Palettes”, and then click on “Open Palette”. After the “Open Palette” pop-up box appears, double-click on "ULS.CPL". In the color pallet folder on your CD Rom ULS Driver disk the color palette will now appear on the right side of the screen.
Note: You can use either the ULS.CPL palette or the ULS.PAL palette, however, to use

the ULS.PAL palette you must first select the PAL file type in the open palette screen.

In Corel - avoiding color management

In the top menu, click “Tools”, and then click “Color Management” Then select “Default Settings”.
Click on the down arrow for “Presets” on the top of the page. Click “Simulate Color Management Off" from the dropdown menu, and then click “OK”.
Finally, at the top of the screen, click on “Tools”, then “Save settings as Defaults”.
The setup defaults for CorelDRAW X4 are now complete. Whenever you start a new document, all of
the default settings that we had setup will automatically apply to the new document.

Ed L Miller
07-28-2012, 1:54 AM
Thanks Zvi.

I used an older .cpl from my install CD and that appears to have fixed the vector cutting; however, any and all engraving fails to work correctly. I entered in some plain Text (e.g. "TEST RUN") and no matter how I adjust the power/speed the horizontal areas don't engrave with any depth only the vertical parts of the text have good depth. Basically the 'E' look like an 'I'.

I'm going to try a different computer running CorelDraw X3 and see if I have the same problem.

Thanks
-Ed

Ed L Miller
07-29-2012, 1:58 AM
well it turns out that my CO2 cartridge will need to be replaced as I tried a variety of Tickle adjustments and nothing worked. I seem to recall a similar type of behavior 4 years ago. Now I just need to see if I can find a replacement for less than $800. :(

thanks
-Ed