PDA

View Full Version : Dynabrade raised panel sander

Randy Henry
07-26-2012, 6:23 PM
Has anyone have experience with this sander?

http://www.dynabrade.com/pdf/lit/D0701Sngl/D07.01_pg66.pdf

I have seen one, but have not got to use it. Just wondering if it saved much time over hand sanding the profiles.

Thanks,

J.R. Rutter
07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I had a trial period with one that the Dynabrade rep loaned me. I could not get good results from it. If the paper was fine enough to avoid swirl marks, it just burnished. No dust collection. Awkward to hold, though a ROS is no piece of cake either. He claimed to have customers that liked it, but I couldn't get it out of my shop fast enough. The local dealer came by to pick it up and he agreed that it did a poor job. So based on my experience, pass.

Larry Edgerton
07-27-2012, 6:50 AM
JR, I do not do any where near the amount of doors that you do but I do have a favorite sander for the inside curve on raised panels. I bought a 3" pistol grip DA from the SnapOn guy and it has been a go to for small parts and inside radius curves. It does not use very much air, is extremely light, and the trigger allows very good control of speed. It will do a very fine finish with little or no swirl.

Might want to try one, I sure love mine.

Larry

Randy Henry
07-27-2012, 6:54 PM
Thanks, Think I will stick to hand sanding. If I were doing a large amount of doors, I would look at that Larry.

J.R. Rutter
07-29-2012, 6:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Larry.