PDA

View Full Version : New Baby is on order

Craig Matheny
07-26-2012, 3:24 PM
We just placed an order for a second Epilog laser a new Epilog 60 watt mini should be in my hands in 2 weeks at the most. Very excited. Keep up the good work Epilog. Can't wait for it to meet its little brother...

Dee Gallo
07-26-2012, 3:48 PM
Congratulations! Hopefully the two little tykes will keep you on your toes and busier than ever!

Bruce Boone
07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I wish I could say mine would take 2 weeks! I still am working on a quote for the cutting head. Doh!

Craig Matheny
07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
But Bruce yours will cut so much more mine just cust 1000's of pieces of wood a month it does not even know what acrylic is.

Bruce Boone
07-26-2012, 11:17 PM
The anticipation is killing me. I got a quote for one laser head and will compare it to another vendor. It can only be better. Yikes is the word that comes to mind!

Craig Matheny
07-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Is it that it can only get better because the first one is so over priced that no matter the price it will not sting as much?

Bruce Boone
07-27-2012, 8:47 AM
Laser heads are like cars; there's tons of options. You want inductive sensing? We can do that. Cha Ching. You want a moving Z axis? We can do that. Cha Ching. You want variable spot size? Crash protection? Circular polarization? Cha Ching Cha Ching Cha Ching!

Martin Boekers
07-27-2012, 11:35 AM
I haven't checked Epilog's pricing in a while. It seems like the pricing on other lasers are going down.
Has epilog's?

I am getting closer, maybe a year from now to add a third laser. This time I'm considering a 120 watt one. :)

Craig Matheny
07-27-2012, 12:09 PM
It seems it has but also as a returning customer they did some extras:)

Craig Matheny
07-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Well went to my local Epilog dealer yesterday to pay off the new laser and to get the shipping info. Found out there is a lot of add-ons they have done to put out a better product. Thicker honey comb table 1" new style control panel so you can job manage from there. Shocks on the front door so it does not swing down to fast. Best part is it ships to me on Monday should see it Thursday at the latest. Install in the store next day. Just to let you know it is a 60 watt unit Epilog tube and the tube was rated at 72 watts love it nice and hot should cut 3mm Birch very nicely. :D

Mark Ross
07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
All I know is our second EXT that is a 75W cuts through stuff like butter versus our 45 watter. Epilog is a solid company to work with. If I had the time or had someone at work that reported to me that had the time, a chinese laser might be okay, but by the time we bought the unit, shipped it, customs, get it installed, by all the parts that could break, and so on, it just made more sense to buy a second machine from Epilog.

Craig Matheny
07-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Mark you said it "Epilog is a solid company to work with" and that is so true... I can not reply to the other companies, but I have never had a piece of equipment 5 years out of warranty and get free tech advise or service that is grade A