PDA

View Full Version : Band Saw Guides

Andrew Kertesz
07-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I have a Rikon 10-325 Deluxe BS with the micro-guides. Seeing that Carter is having a 30% off sale I was considering replacing the guides. Has anybody replaced the stock guides with the Carters and what improvements did this make? I figured 30% of $210.00 puts the guides at about $150.00 which doesn't seem like a bad price. Thanks for any help you can provide...

Van Huskey
07-26-2012, 3:11 PM
I am not one that is the camp that guides cure all manner of ills however the Carter guides and based on price this is the micro-adjust guides are excellent. The biggest gain you will see is the ease of setting the guides. When a task is easier you are more likely to get it right. I wouldn't expect a night and day difference but the saw will be more user friendly and those guides are known for being a pain to set.

Gary Muto
07-26-2012, 9:14 PM
I have a 10-325 and I replaced the guides with the carter Micro Adjust guides about 1-2 years ago. It was worth it to me since they are much easier to adjust and get right. If you took the time to tune up (sand and File etc...) the existing guides you could probably make the OEM guide work well enough or at least better. It decided it was worth the money for well machined guides with good bearings. My time is better spent on other things and I don't get a lot of shop time anyway.