PDA

View Full Version : Just Tried My Bargain Dado set

Ronald Blue
07-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Another thread in the last couple weeks mentioned CMT Dado sets being on clearance at Lowes. I found it for $16.20 plus tax near me. I picked a set up and just tried it. I tried a couple pieces of white oak and the a piece of pine and the cut was clean and for the cost it was great. The only complaint I have at all is one outer blade is a few thousandths smaller and leaves a slight ridge. The bottom is very flat except for that. I know I could have them sharpened and alleviate that minor annoyance. This set is an off white and not the normal orange associated with CMT. It's the same part number and is made in Italy. If any one is interested shop online at the Lowes in your area because the price varies from store to store for some reason. A couple other stores were $50 plus. Not a bad price but not a to good to pass up deal either probably.

Kevin W Johnson
07-26-2012, 1:25 AM
Man what a deal. They were still $46 and change around here....

Van Huskey
07-26-2012, 6:18 AM
Great deal! They are still near $50 hear also, I don't need another dado set but figured I would pick one up if they go below $30.

Charles Wiggins
07-26-2012, 8:11 AM
The online price still listed @ $53.98 for my local store. I might check to see if the in-store price is different.

Mike Goetzke
07-26-2012, 8:21 AM
The online price still listed @ $53.98 for my local store. I might check to see if the in-store price is different.

Got you beat, my store shows $68.38.

Mike Palmowski
07-26-2012, 8:39 AM
I picked mine up last Saturday for $32.92, thanks to a heads up from the forums. The new Irwin dado sets were with the other saw blades, while the clearance items were set off to the side. Don't go by the online price, stop by your local Lowes.

johnny means
07-26-2012, 6:44 PM
Not showing up on lowes.com for me.

glenn bradley
07-26-2012, 7:15 PM
Not showing up on lowes.com for me.

I found it by going to my "local" store via the website. Got it for $30 +tax with free shipping to the store from I don't know where :confused:. I have a Freud SD508 that I very much enjoy but, an orange SD208 for cheap that I can use for ply and other abusive materials is A-OK by me.

Ronald Blue
07-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I went back and checked online and it shows $53.98 now. They had a second and almost bought two. Another store near me has it for $43.19. Not sure why the price jumped back up. I think if you tried they might knock more off if you asked a manager.

glenn bradley
07-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Ronald is right. I bookmarked the link I used to buy it at $30 and it is now $53.98. Bummer. I have missed other deals mentioned on forums by thinking about it a bit too long. Fear not; there will be others.