PDA

View Full Version : Senior Moments!

Bill Cunningham
07-25-2012, 9:42 PM
This has got to be the funniest clip I have ever seen which seems to depict the 'current' story of my life...
You say it doesn't affect you? Ya, don't be so smug, just wait a few years..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv1tMioGgXI

Jim Creech
07-26-2012, 8:32 AM
Good one! Unfortunately I am finding this sort of thing occurring with a fair degree of regularity.
What has been your most embarrassing senior moment (to date)?

Belinda Barfield
07-26-2012, 10:25 AM
I have to share a senior moment that my grandmother had many years ago. Grandma had been working in her garden most of the day. She realized that she needed to go into town to the feed and seed store and didn't have time to really get cleaned up and get there before they closed. She did, however, need to clean up a bit and took what she always referred to as a "bird bath". She rolled her shirt up and wiped off the sweat and dirt as best she could with a wet wash cloth, wiped down her arms and legss, grabbed her purse and keys, jumped in the car and drove to town. She arrived at the feed and seed just in time. She got out of the car and walked down the sidewalk to the store, passing several acquaintances along the way, all of whom seemed to be terribly happy to see her as they were all wearing big smiles. She approached the counter of the store and the clerk, who was female thankfully, said "Miss Jewel, were you in a hurry to get here today?" Grandma replied that yes, she was, and the clerk responded "You must have been because you forgot to pull your shirt back down." I don't think Grandma ever went back to the feed and seed.

Jim Creech
07-26-2012, 10:59 AM
That had to have been a Kodak Moment!
I have done a lot of absent minded things like put a book in the refrigerator or leave the cat in the garage all night but yesterday I had a very disturbing "moment". My older sister is visiting from Jacksonville and she said that she couldn't remember if I was going to be 62 or 63 this year. I told her I was actually turning 61. After some thought she replied that as this is 2012 and I was born in 1950 I was ,in fact turning 62. We debated this for a few minutes then I did the math. I have lost an entire year!
Growin old is difficult enough to accept but to forget an entire year! OMG!!!

Kevin Bourque
07-26-2012, 7:39 PM
What?.........did somebody say something?............................

Bill Cunningham
07-26-2012, 9:29 PM
In my business, I'm a one man band..There's only me.. Quite often I'm working on as many a six different jobs at once, all in various stages of completion .. I will bring up some artwork on the computer, then go to the front counter to get some info on that particular customer, while there, I'll see something I was working on ten minutes ago but I need a pencil. Off to the bench where I keep my pencils..Look! there's a envelope that came in yesterdays mail I haven't opened yet. It's a bill, off to the computer again to make sure it's been entered. What's this artwork up on the screen.. Oh ya, I'll minimize it and continue after I enter this billing info. Phone rings..It's a offer of a free trip I just won, they only need my credit card info. I hang up.. Oops I left a job on the front counter, can't remember what it was though.. I go look.. Forgot the pencil..back to the bench where I keep em..Phone rings.. It's my wife telling me dinners ready.. I tell her I'll be right there..Back to the front counter, on the way I notice I have something minimized on the computer..It's artwork?.. Hmm where did I leave off..Bring it back up and try to remember where I left off..Phone rings..Dinner is getting cold.. OK I shut down the computer and laser, walk to the front counter..Where did I put that pencil? Oh well, it can wait till tomorrow, I'll write myself a note..Need a pencil!..Never mind I probably remember tomorrow anyway (NOT).. I go in the house and the wife asks what took so long? I was busy !What were you doing? Well that's a long story.. I was busy all day, but I can't remember just what I got done.. It seems that half of every day goes like this..If it didn't, I'd probably have twice as much money as I have now, but unfortunately I would be burdened with trying to remember where I put it..

Kevin Bourque
07-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I'll be watching television and change the channel during a commercial only to completely forget what I was watching previously.

ray hampton
07-26-2012, 10:53 PM
one of those days , you when head to the bathroom but forget before get there

Bill Cunningham
07-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Hmmm Did I just Inhale or Exhale? Did I just take one laxative or two? I guess I'll find out about 2am....if I cough...

ray hampton
07-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Hmmm Did I just Inhale or Exhale? Did I just take one laxative or two? I guess I'll find out about 2am....if I cough...

stay away from the black pepper

Joe Kieve
07-30-2012, 9:49 AM
Picked up the TV remote to make a phone call yesterday. Even dialed the number...duh! Have also tried to answer it too.

joe

Belinda Barfield
07-30-2012, 2:27 PM
Picked up the TV remote to make a phone call yesterday. Even dialed the number...duh! Have also tried to answer it too.

joe

Me too, and said outloud, "Why don't I have a dial tone?" :eek:

ray hampton
07-30-2012, 8:49 PM
Me too, and said outloud, "Why don't I have a dial tone?" :eek:

maybe a dead battery