PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

James E Graham
07-25-2012, 8:38 AM
Just wanted to say hello. Just bought a Epilog Helix 24 and starting a business, waiting for it to arrive and get it all set up. I have been reading all the info I can find and hope to learn a lot from here.

Dee Gallo
07-25-2012, 9:49 AM
Welcome to the Creek, James! You are starting out on the right foot, reading as many posts as you can - there is a wealth of info here and friendly people to help you get where you want to go with your laser.

cheers, dee

nathan mcafee
07-25-2012, 9:51 AM
Welcome. I am about 4 months ahead of you and am amazed at all of the help and ideas I have uncovered on this site. So many great ideas on my list to try, just trying to mix a little selling along with the experimenting.

Have fun and feel free to ask any questions.

Keith Outten
07-25-2012, 1:56 PM
James,

I will also add my "Welcome" to the list. You will find a wealth of information here, take the time to read as many threads as possible. Reviewing older threads has a serious benefit....there are thousands of free file attachments that will help you start an inventory of engraving projects that are free for the taking.

Shameless Plug - If you don't have the time you can order our file attachment DVD's from the SawMill Creek Store (Forum).

Craig Matheny
07-25-2012, 6:19 PM
James welcome and good luck, I am real sure you will love your Epilog laser I have a 2005 mini 24 and just put an order in for a second mini 24. The one thing you need to remember is ask questions look in the archives tons of great information.

The other thing you could do along with other creekers is... you guessed it...

Shameless Plug - If you don't have the time you can order our file attachment DVD's from the SawMill Creek Store (Forum). (Keith just doing my part):D

Bruno Piancatelli
07-25-2012, 7:11 PM
welcome!
Im on similar ground, waiting for the machine to arrive, hopefuly not more than one month, and reading through the +500 pages of threads.
around page 250 now.
great deal of info and generous people here.
Greetings from Argentina!

James E Graham
07-28-2012, 5:46 PM
Just an update. Picked up my Helix yesterday, 11 hour trip total, but go it home and set up last night. Have already done a few things and learned a few things already too. LOL Still need a few more parts to hook up my air assist, and a dryer vent to vent the blower out. First have to figure out exactly where it will work the best from, and clean out my shop.

George Carlson
07-29-2012, 9:58 AM
Except for Wichata Falls, you're probably the only one within 150 miles with a laser! Do they have electricty in Chillicothe? ;-)