PDA

View Full Version : "Turn On Chicago" Anybody going?

Bob Haverstock
07-22-2012, 4:27 PM
Hi Folks,

Turn On Chigago is a few weeks away, are any of you going to be there? Have any of you attended in the past? The demonstrator list looks good. My wife and I plan to be there, it will be the first "turning show' that we attended. Now where did I put my want list?

Bob Haverstock

Jeff Myroup
07-22-2012, 7:48 PM
I will be there on Thursday night thru Sunday. A first for me as well.

Bob Bergstrom
07-22-2012, 9:09 PM
This will be my third. I've liked it more each time. It is held at a Seminary that is 1/2 mile from the main road. You park your car on Thur night and don't need it till you leave. It is a beautiful old campus on a private lake. The food is good and all you can eat. There are cookies and cheese and beaverages all day long. All the demos and vendors are in one building. Everyone gathers in the lounge on Thurs and after the Friiday night demos. Saturday night is the banquet and auction. It is really nice to spend almost three days just talking woodturning without interruption or having to go back to a motel. Bang for the buck, it can't be beat. The Chicago Woodturners run one of the best symposiums in the country.

Bob Haverstock
07-22-2012, 9:26 PM
Jeff, Bob, and Others,

My wife, Lilly, and I will have a vendor spot, please stop by and introduce yourselves. We will have an American Made turning specific tool on display and a supply of them to sell.

Bob Haverstock

Ronald Campbell
07-22-2012, 9:47 PM
Bob this is my second time and I love it two years ago. The seminary is a beautiful setting for the event. After going to St Paul, TOC and San Jose I think this is my favorite event. Much small and more personal. I did not take part in the instant gallery and not sure even now if my stuff looks good enough. They always have a great group of demonstrators and I think you will be surprised the food is pretty good. Jeff Myroup I will be looking for you to talk to you about a demo. There will be 6 members of our guild attending. I guess I have convinced them how much I like it. Look for the Grand River Woodturnes Guild Ron

Jeff Myroup
07-23-2012, 9:54 AM
Sounds Great Ron. I look forward to meeting you. On the other hand, how is this post "off topic" :confused: Not sure why it was moved.

David Dobbs
07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Why would this get moved off the Turner's Forum?

David Drickhamer
07-24-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm going to try to get there but will only be for one day, probably saturday. One of my grand daughters wants to go too if she doesn't have to work.

Bob Haverstock
07-24-2012, 6:26 AM
Sounds Great Ron. I look forward to meeting you. On the other hand, how is this post "off topic" :confused: Not sure why it was moved.

Jeff,

I guess it is my fault, a moderator must have thought that imy last post was a sales pitch, enen though there was no product name or price given. I had no intentions of corrupting this sight or slurring the good name of the ievent. I won't be starting many threads as I'm unclear as to my error.

Bob Haverstock