PDA

View Full Version : looking for a creative Idea

Jim Reinhard
07-21-2012, 8:40 PM
I have a client that has 3.5 x 8.5 licences to hang on the wall.Im looking for some creative Ideas .I would like cut the from acrylic /bend them upward so the paper slides in .Then link them together to make a hanging wall display.I would like them to be all of clear acrylic. There are 30 of them now and more would be added later.Any Ideas on a way to cut them so they would hang off each other?

Dee Gallo
07-21-2012, 10:43 PM
You can cut "chain links" out of clear acrylic - with a slot so they can be opened a little to connect through slots/holes (like lock washers).

Jim Reinhard
07-22-2012, 8:52 PM
Thanks Dee,This is what I came up with so far.Trying to make it look a bit richer.237417

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-23-2012, 2:27 PM
Trying to make it look a bit richer.

Add some color to the mix. Use gold or silver S hooks to hang them to each other or use some colored acrylic or ribbon.

Jim Reinhard
07-23-2012, 8:36 PM
I was thinking of using a silver moulding all the way around the frame.Any one know where you can buy the plastic c channel like the black ones I have in the picture.Maybe some larger siver ones where I could use 2 thicker pieces of acrylic with the document in the middle would give it a better look.

Dee Gallo
07-24-2012, 1:51 PM
You might consider engraving a decorative border around each frame. Even though it will take more time, the end result will look more finished and formal, although subtle because it will just look frosted. Those paper licenses are pretty pedestrian in appearance.

If you want to go fancier, make it two layers, a colored back piece and clear front, but you said you wanted it all clear.