PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer fence Homemade Post?

Carroll Courtney
07-21-2012, 4:12 PM
Where's that post at,you know the one that members provided detail measurements,question wheather it was cost effective?:confused: I went back acouple of weeks and still can't find it,seems that it was just posted last week.Help----Carroll

Cary Falk
07-21-2012, 4:47 PM
There was one on Woodnet a week ago. I can't link to it but you can do a search for Biesemeyer and it will come up. I don't recall seing one here.

Joe Kieve
07-21-2012, 6:21 PM
Is this what you were looking for?
http://joe.emenaker.com/Table-Saw%20Fence/Building%20Your%20Own%20T-Square%20Style%20Table-Saw%20Fence.pdf

Joe

Carroll Courtney
07-21-2012, 7:15 PM
Thanks Joe,this time I will print it and Cary I get lost sometimes thats the place.Thanks again----Carroll

Bruce Wrenn
07-21-2012, 9:15 PM
While the drawings in the link are excellent, I'm glad I DIDN'T see them before making my fences. I do a couple things very differently. First, I just weld a piece of 1/4 X 2 to end of fence tube. Bevel the edges and weld away. Grind smooth. Where the angle meets the front rail, I first set up drill press with fence to insure that holes are all in a line. I drill a row of 3/16" holes through angle (3/16 is an acceptable size hole for tapping 1/4-20 threads.) Then I clamp angle and rail tube together with a spacer as shown. Using 3/16" holes in angle, using a hand drill (3/16 bit), I drill into rail tube. Unclamp tube and angle, then go back to drill press and enlarge holes in angle to 1/4". Tap holes in tube for 1/4-20 bolts. Hole aligns perfectly. Where fence tube and angle meet, I use a piece of 5/8 X2 iron as spacer. Weld it to angle first, and then clamp fence tube to angle and double check of square. Then weld 5/8 plate to fence tube using radius of tube for a weld fillet.

Jeff Bratt
07-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Here's another take on building a homemade Biesemeyer...
http://home.roadrunner.com/~jeffnann/WoodWorking/Shop/Shop.html#1950s_Sears_table_saw
Not as much detail, but the results are similar.