PDA

View Full Version : Help with file

Bruce Dorworth
07-20-2012, 10:55 PM
HELP!!!!! I have downloaded the Musicbox from Epilog sample files. When I export the file in CorelDraw I only get the ouyline of the boxes. I don't get the black/engrave part. I am saving this as a plt file. What am I doing wrong?

Bruce

Kasey Maxwell
07-21-2012, 3:08 AM
try selecting the bitmaps and right click on the color black on the right side of corel. your settings might be set to make it with no color when importing.

hope it help

Real Mercier
07-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the problem is that PLT files are vector only. They are plotter files. I don't believe PLT files will save the bitmaps. Why can't you use the CDR file directly?

Real Mercier

Craig Matheny
07-21-2012, 1:33 PM
See if you can open this it is ver 12

Bruce Dorworth
07-21-2012, 3:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys. I can open the file, but when I export it as a plt, then import it back into corel the engravings/black part is not there. I think like one person said it has something to do with the PLT format. I will have to use the dxf format. Thanks everyone for the help. I will keep everyone posted..... It's another Chinese laser issue.

Bruce

Craig Matheny
07-21-2012, 4:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys. I can open the file, but when I export it as a plt, then import it back into corel the engravings/black part is not there. I think like one person said it has something to do with the PLT format. I will have to use the dxf format. Thanks everyone for the help. I will keep everyone posted..... It's another Chinese laser issue.

Bruce
Due o not dealing with Chinese lasers I thought you feed them Corel files and if not why are exporting to plt and importing back to cdr? Just more for my info iguess

Bruce Dorworth
07-21-2012, 4:13 PM
Yes, Craig I am using a Chinese laser, No, I am not printing from Corel. I use lasercut5.3 and the engravings do not show up. I was just importing it back into Corel as a test to see if the export worked.

Bruce

Craig Matheny
07-21-2012, 4:24 PM
Thanks Bruce I keep hearing the little quirks these have that is why I am buying another Epilog just more power 3 weeks to go if all goes well.

Good Luck

Bruce Dorworth
07-21-2012, 7:13 PM
Craig, I had the opportunity to watch an Epilog Laser at the Makers Faire earlier this year and they are pretty sweet. I only use my laser as a hobby, so I had a harder time justifying the extra cost. Although right about the time I bought this laser I received an email from Epilog and they had used one for sale. It was a really great deal. It sold before I had a chance to make up my mind.

Bruce

Tony Lenkic
07-21-2012, 8:09 PM
Bruce, here is a vectorized version with couple of different options.

Bruce Dorworth
07-21-2012, 8:54 PM
Tony, thanks that seems to work really well. I will try and engrave one later tonight.

Bruce