PDA

View Full Version : WoodWorking In America Show / Cincinnati/ November 2-4

richard poitras
07-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Anyone going? Or has anyone ever gone before? I was considering going but I thought I would ask if it’s a good show or if it worth wile to go? Does anyone have any reviews from previous years?
Thanks Richard

Jim Stewart
07-21-2012, 6:16 AM
I have gone two years in a row, but I only go to see the vendors. The show has so many hand tool vendors that are top of the line. That is what I enjoy. The vendor section is small but contains only serious woodworking vendors.

Jim

Jeff Books
07-21-2012, 9:15 AM
I went 2 years ago and got a lot out of most of the classes. The marketplace was also first rate. I plan to go this year.
Jeff

Mike Heidrick
07-21-2012, 9:37 AM
I have been to the St Charles IL one before. I thought it was great. Thomas Moser was keynote, Bob Lang's sketchup w/demo as great, the period furniture builder guys were awesome with their examples throughout the build process. The vendors area was nice.

Mike Heidrick
07-21-2012, 9:46 AM
I have gone two years in a row, but I only go to see the vendors. The show has so many hand tool vendors that are top of the line. That is what I enjoy. The vendor section is small but contains only serious woodworking vendors.

Jim

St Charles had the easy out guy and gorilla glue reps so they have a few less than glamorus WW vendors (I got lots of glue samples and gorilla tape though!) vendors. Its just nice to see Jameel, and Slav, and Bob from Czech edge and all the forum guys and not fight through 18 rows of peachtree woodworking boxes and the carney like demos of headset mic'd out tool hawkers making reindeer with Carter guides or cutting crown molding with a jigsaw (I like those vendor shows too dont get me wrong LOL).

Ben West
07-21-2012, 9:55 AM
I've never been before, but have registered for Cinci. We should have a SC social.

richard poitras
07-23-2012, 8:29 AM
Thanks for the info guys still on the fence but it sounds like it will be a great show.

Dave Lehnert
07-23-2012, 3:45 PM
I don't go to most all the woodworking shows because in the past few years they have not been worth the price of gas to go. Woodworking In America show is much different. At the trade show the booths are most often staffed by the top people in the company if not the owners. Lee Valley had one of their product design people there you could talk to. Mr. Lie Nielson was at his booth. Frank Klausz was walking around as well as Scott Phillips and Chris Swartz.