PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying the wife a Traverse or Acadia

Mike Heidrick
07-19-2012, 9:54 PM
The wife and I are thinking of upgrading her 2001 Jeep GC to a 2010 or 2011 Traverse or Acadia. Anyone own one - like it or dislike it? We are thinking we want the farkles in the LT2 trim package - power rear hatch, backup camera, etc.

Mikie

Lee Schierer
07-20-2012, 4:52 PM
We bought a Honda Pilot for about the same money an really love it.

Chuck Wintle
07-20-2012, 5:03 PM
We bought a Honda Pilot for about the same money an really love it.

my vote goes for the Honda Pilot.

Mike Heidrick
07-27-2012, 8:08 PM
Well we picked out a 2010 Traverse LT AWD. Pick it up next Wednesday.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/AJ207491.jpg

Myk Rian
07-28-2012, 8:38 AM
Thank you for buying American.

Randy Moore
07-28-2012, 2:41 PM
Yes, THANK YOU FOR BUYING AMERICAN. Even thought a lot of the foriegn nameplate cars are assembled here in the US of A the PROFIt goes back overseas. I have bought Chevy, Ford, GMC and Dodge for as long as I can remember. For the most part happy with them, other than the payments. I am sure you will enjoy your new, to you, vehicle.

Jim Becker
07-29-2012, 9:58 PM
Congrats on your new Traverse! Enjoy.

I considered the Acadia, but just bought a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Some of it was just style preference, but it was also for the higher towing capacity...one of these days, Professor Dr. SWMBO is going to allow me to buy a basic horse trailer. :)

(Interestingly, vehicle assembled in Detroit, engine from Mexico, Transmission from Germany, electronics from Asia, Napa leather from cows that could be anywhere, and majority ownership by Fiat in Italy...a truly international effort. LOL)

Mike Heidrick
07-29-2012, 11:42 PM
We are trading in a 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. 123,000 miles, 4WD 6cyl and still going. It has a few leaks and needs tires but someone is getting a good deal. They gave me $3451 for it. It has rust on a wheel well and that is the spot that was repaired from a sideswipe. Great vehicle. No 3rd row though and that is what we wanted.

The overland you bought - does it have 3rd row?

I am sure you have found all the Jeep forums - they are awesome!!

We really could not afford a more expensive ride but I also looked and loved the Durango Citadel and the new Ford Explorer and of course the Tahoe. Crazy what vehicles cost!

Full disclosure - I own a Nissan Titan that I also bought used but from a from a freind. I am not hung up on corporate profit destinations. Mitsubishi is a huge job filler here in town and these days we are happy to have plants running no matter who owns them. Next truck will most likely be american but before that a bigger american owned shop/building will be going up.

Jim Becker
08-07-2012, 9:38 PM
The overland you bought - does it have 3rd row?.

There is no third row option for the Grand Cherokee. (I had it in my Highlander Hybrid Limited, but rarely used it)

The Durango, which is based on the same platform as the Grand Cherokee does offer the third row. The GMC Acadia does, too. As does the Honda Pilot. Available in the Highlander, but the third row is for "tiny butts"....which is why it rarely got used in ours. You are very spot-on about what things cost these days...every time I buy, it's a higher figure! Fortunately, I have managed to stretch my habit to over 6 years between them.

BTW, this is my new girlfriend (which gets me to my other girlfriend, Nellie...my horse...LOL)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/Grand%20Cherokee%20Overland%20Summit/GCOS-2.jpg