PDA

View Full Version : Stock feeder tilt away bracket

Mike Heidrick
07-19-2012, 3:08 PM
Anyone use a stock feeder tilt away bracket? I see Comatic has one and I know Felder makes some for their specific tools. Anyone using one? Have any pictures of them in use?

Rod Sheridan
07-19-2012, 3:25 PM

Hi, I have a Hammer B3 Winner with a tilt away feeder bracket.

The first photo shows the feeder upside down behind the machine, the second with the feeder tipped up and running.

Works great, it's out of the way when not needed............Rod.

Jeff Monson
07-19-2012, 4:29 PM
Mike what type of machine do intend on using it on? I have one on my KF700 Felder. I had to install a "strong arm" assist strut to aid in lifting the whole assembly. My major complaint with it, is it has to be in a very precise location up and down and side to side, or it will hit my outrigger on my slider. The location it has to be in makes it very clumsy and heavy to lift into position, hence the need for an assist strut.

I'll agree with Rod that works great to get it out of the way. Just can be a PITA at times.

David Kumm
07-19-2012, 4:49 PM
Mike, have you looked at the swing arm type instead? Not a perfect solution in that it requires you to put a couple of bolts into the table to use but generally gets out of the way easily. The FOG guys have used gas struts as well. Dave

Erik Loza
07-19-2012, 4:55 PM
We have them on the Smart series. I'm in pretty good shape but a big, three-wheel feeder on one of those tipper clamps still whips my butt every time. I'll post some pics of the Elite arm later.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Larry Edgerton
07-19-2012, 5:43 PM
I had one at my old shop that was mounted to the wall and swung over that I fabricated myself. Worked very well but was still in the way at times. I used that on the Minimax as I have a huge table built on to it. I made one for my PM66 that flipped over the outfeed side, but as has been mentioned feeders are heavy.

I am thinking about a different arrangement this time that comes down from the ceiling. Have not had time to work on the new shop much at all, so it is on a back burner as well.

Would love to see simple solutions, I tend to make everything too complicated.

Larry

Mike Heidrick
07-19-2012, 9:21 PM
I was think of mounting a stand on my saw and on my jointer. Not that I need them but I have the extra stands now. Comatic has a bracket that is called a FP01 flipper. It is made for their heavy duty feeders and seems to be spring assisted for lifting them back up. I think I am going to order one to try out.

http://www.co-matic.com/upload/Product/GoodsPic_20080421164702.jpg

Mike Heidrick
07-19-2012, 9:22 PM
David, is the swing arm different than just using the main feeder stand? I have seen some post setups and the one a guy mounted from the ceiling.

David Kumm
07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Mike, Felder makes a couple of models. Pricey but handy. My Knapp came with one so it was part of the deal. They do need a heavy machine as they can extend way to the side when not in use. Dave