PDA

View Full Version : Trend Air Shield and Headphones

Glen Blanchard
07-17-2012, 9:54 AM
Is it possible to wear over-the-ear headphones with the Trend Air Shield (not the Pro version)? Earbuds are not an option.

Additionally, is there a manufactures website for Trend? I have been unable to find it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Burr
07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.trend-uk.com/en/US/
There ya go Glen, hope Mod's don't wipe it out before you get it. If you are using regular ear muff type protectors, put the strap under your chin or on the back of your head.

John Coloccia
07-17-2012, 11:39 AM
I've had no luck in wearing anything but earplugs with my Airshield Pro. They do make earmuffs designed for mounting on the Airshield. If you felt like a project, I see no reason in the world why you couldn't either convert those to accept the guts of audio headphones, or my preference would actually be to modify the Trend set and a regular set to directly mount the audio phones on Trend's hardware.

Ryan Baker
07-17-2012, 8:21 PM
I have the muffs for the Trend Pro, and I removed them after the first try. They don't fit at all unless you jack the helmet really high up on your head, which makes it too top-heavy among other problems. I do normally wear some other earmuffs that just barely fit. I often use earbuds under them for audio.

Lightweight headphones should work without any problem. You do need to run the band behind your head or under your chin. Full over-the-ear headphones aren't going to work most likely.

Greg Just
07-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I have the 3M headphone and play my music through my Iphone into them when using the Trend Airshield Pro. The headphones have to be angled back and the strap on the faceshield made bigger, but it works for me. I headphones don't fit perfectly, but not too bad.

Glen Blanchard
07-19-2012, 9:35 AM
http://www.trend-uk.com/en/US/
There ya go Glen, hope Mod's don't wipe it out before you get it. If you are using regular ear muff type protectors, put the strap under your chin or on the back of your head.

Thanks Jim. For some reason Google was not cooperating.