PDA

View Full Version : Customer service Oneida and Woodcraft

Jack Lemley
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

I ordered and received an Ultimate Dust Deputy for my Festool vac last week from Woodcraft. I began assemblying it this past weekend and realized that the sealing strip for the lid was about 1 1/2ft too short. I fired off an email to both Oneida and Woodcraft Sunday evening. This morning I had an email response from Oneida apologizing for the inconvenience and telling me they were shipping me a new strip. Shortly after that I received an email from Woodcraft that my order was being processed and a follow up email from Woodcraft to myself and Adrienne at Oneida that Woodcraft would get a strip out to me today and then a response back from Oneida thanking Woodcraft for taking care of the issue. All this before 11AM today.

I don't know about you all but to me customer service doesn't get any faster or better than that!!!!

Thanks Woodcraft and Oneida!!!!!

Jack

Sam Layton
07-16-2012, 4:53 PM
That is great customer service. It makes it a pleasure doing business with those kinds of places.

Sam

Andrew Pitonyak
07-16-2012, 5:25 PM
I have had similar luck at my local woodcraft in Columbus Ohio. It is one reason that they receive a bunch of my business.

Ben Martin
07-16-2012, 9:25 PM
Now if Oneida would just run a sale so I can buy a Gorilla...

Todd Brewer
07-16-2012, 9:49 PM
My experience with Oneida has not been good as of late. Owned a 1.5 HP Dust gorilla. Emailed about upgrading the motor. No reply. Emailed ClearVue about their cyclone, not only did I get a prompt email reply but I got a phone call. Don't want to make this into an Oneida vs. Clearvue but Oneida never replied and thus lost a potential sale. I don't beg people to take my money.

About 6 weeks ago I ordered 3 90 degree elbows (the ones that come with the dust deputy). Ordered on Sunday didn't ship until the following Thursday or Friday even though they said they were in stock. Not a huge deal by why 4-5 days to ship?

Woodcraft on the other hand has always been fast to ship. :) Order on a Sunday, get an email on Monday that my order shipped!

Also my TS55 track saw was missing the owners manual. Woodcraft contacted Festool right away for me. Had a manual sent to me within a few days (Festool deserves credit too). Love Woodcraft, Oneida not so much.

Jack Lemley
07-17-2012, 8:15 AM
Quick update. Got an email with FedEx tracking number tis morning and gasket will be delivered tomorrow!

Jack

Adrian Anguiano
07-17-2012, 1:48 PM
Ive had awful experience with Oneida Customer Service, which is unfortunate considering the quality of their cyclone. I have had awesome service from the person who designed their cyclones 'Jeff', but wish the front line people would of taken better care and quickness to my issues.

I told Jeff my concerns about it, and I know he did value my thoughts and opinions. The only other thing i dont like is the price of their remote controls on the dust cyclones. 75$ or more for a remote with a 90 day warranty. Maybe im just frugal.

Id still buy from them though, their product is just too good. PS: I have a super gorilla

Paul McGaha
07-17-2012, 2:01 PM
I've always had good customer service from Oneida. In fact they've never made a mistake on any of my orders.

Quality, US made stuff. Really dont know how they compete with asian made dust collectors but they seem to hang in there. Their pricing is not that much more.

PHM

Mike Cameron
07-17-2012, 2:30 PM
Hi All,

I ordered and received an Ultimate Dust Deputy for my Festool vac last week from Woodcraft. I began assemblying it this past weekend and realized that the sealing strip for the lid was about 1 1/2ft too short.

I had the same issue with mine, but it was only about 1/2" too short. I just used some spray foam to fill in the gap. I really like the Dust Deputy for Festool, but there were some things that needed to be modified or assembled. I think with the sealing strip, this is something that Oneida could easily do themselves in the factory. Same thing with applying the copper tape to the fittings/adapters.

I actually cut about 20mm off both nozzles of the plastic Dust Deputy so the 36mm Festool hose would fit without an adapter and also so the cyclone could be flipped upside down and fit inside the container and be able to fasten the latches for easy transport.

Greg Portland
07-18-2012, 2:43 PM
75$ or more for a remote with a 90 day warranty. Maybe im just frugal.
Adrian, I don't think that there is a dependable option @ a comfortable price point (<$100) when we're talking about remote controls. I've had a hard time finding a commercial duty remote that is reasonably small and lightweight. Take for example a garage remote... you'd think someone could make one where the buttons don't die every few years? The next step up is a giant yellow box with huge industrial switches (to remotely operate heavy machinery, etc.). If there is a product in the middle, I'm sure Oneida would incorporate it into their product line (and I'd buy one for my garage door).

Greg

Jack Lemley
07-18-2012, 6:43 PM
Gasket arrived today!

Jack

Will Blick
07-18-2012, 9:07 PM
Onieda seems to be hit or miss, like many others, there CS about the worst I ever experienced with any company.... 4 calls, 4 promised return calls, they never call ya back to resolve problems, very frustrating.... they sometimes forget, that is the best way to loose a customer for life.... every time I tell them at subsequent attempts, that no one ever calls me back, they assure this time they will....same ol story...

Woodcraft OTOH, stellar CS, I buy a lot from them as a result of 100% condfidence through the years....almost up to LV, which is a very high standard...

Greg Portland
07-19-2012, 1:53 PM
I've talked to Oneida 4 times (3 times for sales, once for support) and have always received stellar CS. BTW, I own a Clearvue so I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy here...