PDA

View Full Version : Bargains at the big store

Brent Romero
07-15-2012, 2:26 PM
Picked up a CMT stacked dado set today marked down from $89.99 to $49.99...not sure of the quality...so not sure if I truly got a deal or not. They also marked down their Bench Cog Cookies to $3.30 also...not a bad deal.

scott spencer
07-15-2012, 2:31 PM
Picked up a CMT stacked dado set today marked down from $89.99 to $49.99...not sure of the quality...so not sure if I truly got a deal or not. They also marked down their Bench Cog Cookies to $3.30 also...not a bad deal.

It's supposedly nearly identical to the Freud 208...

Andrew Pitonyak
07-15-2012, 2:37 PM
CMT does not seem to have much market share in the DADO market, but I have seen a few positive comments about the set. Off hand, it sounds like you got a really good deal for a set that will server at least adequately or better. I expect that you will enjoy it. Congratulations on your score!

Van Huskey
07-15-2012, 2:46 PM
Visually it looks almost identical to the Freud 208 the carrier is the same just black instead of Freud red, even the cardboard insert is very similar. I have nothing but gut but I wonder if they are actually sourced from Freud, they are both Italian... I haven't check my local BORG since I don't need another dado but I would be all over it if I needed/wanted a low-mid priced set. If it IS the quality of the 208 with the end of the Onsrud dado deals this would be a best buy.

Brent Romero
07-15-2012, 3:03 PM
Thanks guys. There was another set (different brand) that was reduced from $43.99 to $19.99. The stack combinations did not quite allow for as many different cut widths..so I opted for the CMT. The store seems to have reduced quite a bit of merchandise with the yellow tags. Some are fairly good deals for someone in the market to the items.

Bruce Wrenn
07-15-2012, 9:16 PM
Some of the Lowes have them as low as $35. Lowes has booted CMT out, and replaced them with Irwin Marples blades, which are also made in Italy.

Cary Falk
07-16-2012, 4:11 AM
Our Lowes can't decide what price to put them at. They range from 89.99 to 35.99 depending on the store. I have 3 sitting on my bench at $34.19 each. I will probably give one to my brother and keep one for myself when my Dewalt goes out for sharpening. I will probably sell the 3rd. I will have to go back and look at the bench cookies. I see they are not on the website anymore.

Steven Triggs
07-16-2012, 8:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I just scored several of the $3.30 bench cookies. A couple sets remain at the Stockbridge, GA store.

Troy Turner
07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Ya'll are the lucky ones I guess. Lowes had their CMT combo blade on clearance one week. Go back the next to get it, and it's regular price. Don't know how "high" quality they are, but I've been impressed with it so far. Wish they would keep a stock of decent blades. My other choices were Skil and Irwin.

Kevin W Johnson
07-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Shelf tag still says 76.xx at one Lowes near me, price check was $62.99. The guy I talked too was clueless, claiming they haven't had them but a month or so, when I've been watching them for a while. They were on clearance, then back to regular price, now back to clearance. I've been watching it for months, so I don't know where he's been. All the other CMT blades were gone.