PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees and the Saints

Paul McGaha
07-15-2012, 7:43 AM
The Saints and Drew Brees have agreed to terms on a new contract.

Last year Drew completed his 2006 contract with the Saints. He's played well the last 6 years and earned this big payday. It's his first really large contract.

I'm glad the Saints got him signed. It is great thing to have a qb that good on your team.

PHM

Joe Leigh
07-15-2012, 8:17 AM
Is he still saying that he knew nothing of the "Bounty hunting" even though he shared the same locker room with all the players and coaches involved? Doesn't say much about his quarterback awareness.
Who Dat?

Greg Peterson
07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Congrats on re-signing Brees. There are few elite QB's in the league and when a franchise has one in their midst, it is prudent to take every reasonable measure to ensure he remains with the team.

Brees appears to be a high character guy, at least off the field and active in the community.

Bountygate has been addressed and punishment meted out. Story over, IMO.

I'm stocking up popcorn for the Tebow-Sanchez-Ryan circus this season. Manning in Denver should be interesting, as well as Luck and RG3.

Saints will be our first big time test for our pass defense. Nothing against Alex Smith, Jay Cutler or Matt Flynn (assuming he wins the starting spot), but for numerous reasons those three do not come anywhere near posing the threat that Brees presents for our retooled defense.

I am happy that we are hosting them again rather than playing in the Big Easy.

Paul McGaha
07-16-2012, 8:47 AM
I'm looking forward to the new season.

I think the NFL's qb rating system is pretty fair. Last year the best rated qb was Aaron Rodgers at 122, then Drew Brees at 110, then Tom Brady at 105. I dont know if Aaron Rodgers qb rating of 122 is the best rating a qb has ever had but I think that was probably the best qb play I've ever seen (For a whole season I mean).

Think you're right about the Jets. Should be something to see. I think Mark Sanchez has enough problems without a qb controversy going on. I actually think Rex Ryan's a pretty good coach, just talks too much. He's helped the Jets a lot though.

Peyton Manning in Denver, Guess we'll see what he has left.

As for RG3, I dont think I've ever seen a trade where a team gave up several #1 picks worked out for the team giving up the picks.

As for Luck, I'm not sure what the Colts have to build around him. Several offensive starters have left the team.