PDA

View Full Version : Freud Dial a Dado

Chris Damm
04-07-2005, 5:53 PM
Anyone have one of these? Are they as good as they sound? I'm getting sick of setting up the one I have now.

Adrian Rogers
04-07-2005, 7:51 PM
I bought one two months ago but haven't used it yet. Hopefully I'll find time in a few weeks, right now the garden and lawn are taking priority.

-Adrian

Dan Forman
04-08-2005, 3:48 AM
I have one, haven't gotten to use it much, but it worked quite well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, the dial works great for fine tuning. It will see a lot of use once I get the shop up and running.

Dan

Jim McCarty
04-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I've had one for 4 or 5 years. Have used it a lot. I would highly recommend it. It cuts flawless, flat bottom dados and is very easy to fine tune for width. A very high quality product, typical of Freud. Jim

Tom Jones III
04-11-2005, 8:50 AM
I got one a week ago at a WW show. I've used it once, and it was for a max. width cut. It was perfectly square and very flat bottomed. Fairly easy to setup the first time, it will be a breeze to setup after the first time. This is my first experience with any dado but I cannot imagine that it could get any better.

Lou Morrissette
04-11-2005, 9:33 AM
The only caution is that they do not fit on some contractor saws. I have a Ridgid and it will not fit.

Lou