PDA

View Full Version : GX Spirit Firmware Problems

Stephen Hanlon
07-13-2012, 2:44 AM
​Hi All....Is anyone else having issues with their GX Spirit Pro regarding firmware upgrades.

I have had my spirit for about two an half years and have had on going 'glitches' with the machine. It started off with the pause not stopping on vector cuts. It would reduce down to a speed of about 1% and continue along the particular vector line until it starts a new vector line. It would also, after pausing, resume with shuddering when cutting circles or arcs.

I was told that GCC were working on a firmware upgrade. No problem. Waited for about 6 months and the firmware was upgraded. This seems to have fixed the vector pausing and continuing issue, but created more issues (such as the rotary attachment not moving to home position) and the shuddering after pausing remained, plus 70% of the time the engraver starts, but the laser doesn't fire until about 1-2sec into the job. So, I reverted back to the original firmware and was told again that GCC were working on fixing these issues. I have just had the most recent firmware from GCC installed and the machine is worse than ever. I can't even do a second run over the first raster as the second run is out slightly by 0.5-1mm.

Could anyone help me with which version of firmware is the most stable one to use for the GX Spirit Pro as I am getting limited help from my local dealer / technician.

Thanks in advance to all replies.....

Regards, Stephen

Chad Fitzgerald
07-16-2012, 4:39 PM
hey stephen, i have a spirit as well. I cant help you with the problems you mention as i havent had any of them. however i have had a few issues with the slow and generic help with the tech. I have had mine about a year and a half, have a few minor issuesbut nothing like ou mentioned. havent updated firmware, kind of glad now.
Curious if this is something i should do on a regular basis or only if problems arise??
chad