PDA

View Full Version : For the Festool Lovers....Precisio CS 70.

Marco Ospina
07-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Hello forum Readers,

I am sure some of you have seen or heard about the Festool saws (they make two models), but I just wanted to share this photo with my fellow woodworkers.

I had the opportunity to live and worked in Italy from 2003-2007, and had the pleasure of working with this trimming saw. I can only tell you what a delight it was to work with this machine. Like most of the Festool tools, this one is also made with the finish carpenter in mind with mobility and precision at the forefront.

I was making high-end wooden lamps over there, and I used the saw to cut very small strips of ebony and teak.
Enjoy.

Cheers,

Marco Ospina

Paul Sikorski
07-13-2012, 7:53 AM
I bought one of the festool T55 saws. They really are great tools. I never seen or knew they make a table saw style saw. I see the fence looks like it rotates to cut angles I am guessing the right side of the table slides forward to cut angle pieces is that right?

Ted Calver
07-13-2012, 9:02 AM
Marco..Sure would like to see a picture or two of those lamps you were making.

Craig Michael
07-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I bought one of the festool T55 saws. They really are great tools. I never seen or knew they make a table saw style saw. I see the fence looks like it rotates to cut angles I am guessing the right side of the table slides forward to cut angle pieces is that right?

Go over to the uk sites for festool, bosch, dewalt, etc. They make some reaaly neat tool that are not available in the usa. The miter/table saws are neat, would be perfect for flooring guys.

Marco Ospina
07-13-2012, 11:46 PM

Paul,
The saw's fence can rotate like a miter saw to cut all sorts of angles, and can be attached on all four sides of the table. The table doesn't slide, but the saw does. As you will see in the photo there is a knob in the middle front, you grab this knob turn it to the right and pull it, and the saw slides towards the operator. That is why there is a gap on the table top. The saw can be use also on a fix position just like a regular TS.
Is a neat tool, but it will never replace a cabinet's saw.

Mike Heidrick
07-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Marco..Sure would like to see a picture or two of those lamps you were making.

+1

thanks for showing the saw too!

Paul Sikorski
07-14-2012, 9:02 AM
All they need is to put a laser on top so you can see the cut from above and it would be perfect. great for the trim carpenter but I think your right its not gonna replace a tablesaw.

Will Blick
07-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Gorgeous.... I have used these before.... like all Festool designed products...they serve their niche market eloquently.... multi use tools, the TS75 can be used to rip long sheets with rail, or in TS mode with this foldable table that folds to a very small footprint for storage / transport. And like all festools, dust collection is part of the design, and therefore very effective, vs. an after-thought or jury-rigged product. What I like about this saw vs. portable TS's is the longer table.

However, IMO, I think the rails and the MFT system pretty much covers all bases. Maybe the work that falls between the cracks, as you mentioned, is cutting small strips which don't fit under rails very well....

Marco Ospina
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM
It took me a while to get back to the forum with a picture of the lamps that I was making in Italy. Here it is.... The lamps really highlights the fabric which is the company's main product.
Besides wood, there was other materials that were used in the lamps (brass, string, beads, etc.).

Van Huskey
07-16-2012, 12:32 AM
The lamp is much cooler than the Festool and that is a compliment!

Steven Triggs
07-16-2012, 3:35 AM
Very interesting saw. Here is an article that describes it:
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-blogs/editors-blog/festool%E2%80%99s-table-saws-foreign-country-foreign-tools