PDA

View Full Version : swap piece

Steve bellinger
07-12-2012, 9:15 PM
This is a piece i did for a guy over at WTA, for a swap Robin Costelle started. It's from some DNW, with the finial from some wood my brother got when he lived on Andros island. The locials called it ebony, but not real sure what it is. He has the piece now and has posted it over younder,so thought i'd go ahead and post here as i don't think he's a member here.looked his name up on the members list and coun't find him. Thanks and all C&C welcome.236746236749236748236747

Michelle Rich
07-13-2012, 5:40 AM
that is an interesting finial..good luck with your swap!

Steve Schlumpf
07-13-2012, 7:45 AM
Looks really nice Steve! I especially like the unique finial... and the fact that you hollowed the replica of the main form! Cool little detail!

Stephen Walker
07-13-2012, 7:55 AM
I am a member here...just with a different first name listed. This is a way cool piece. I will definitly find the "perfect" place to display this one.

As far as the wood, it almost has a maple look to it, but maybe not quite. It has a little more heft to it than soft maple, but here in IN hard maple is a bit darker. Whatever it is, it really is a beaut. Thanks sooooo much Steve.

Roger Chandler
07-13-2012, 9:45 AM
That is beautiful work Steve.........really shows some fine skill on your part. Don't know if it is the angle of the pics or what, but the finial does not look to be perpendicular to the lid.......seems to have some lean in it. I really like your finial design on this.........

Who is this one going to in the swap?

Tim Rinehart
07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Very nice piece Steve, and agree that the finial is a unique approach and adds a fine detail!

Steve bellinger
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
That is beautiful work Steve.........really shows some fine skill on your part. Don't know if it is the angle of the pics or what, but the finial does not look to be perpendicular to the lid.......seems to have some lean in it. I really like your finial design on this.........

Who is this one going to in the swap?Roger this piece has all ready gone to Steve Walker, or Stephen Walker over here.Didn't know he was a member here as he goes by Stephen here.Thank you all much .

Marc Himes
07-14-2012, 2:52 PM
Great form and wood but reeaally nice finial.