PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Victor Hand saw

Jacob Nothstine
07-12-2012, 3:54 PM
Pick up a Stanley Victor 780 hand saw 16" 8TPI, in good condiotion at a garage sale for $3.00 It was missing the medallion. I'm having a hard time finding any information about it. I did read some place that it came in a kit with 15 other tools. How old is this saw? Who made it? Place that would have a mediallions for it and what is it worth? It's a cool little saw cut's nice to.

Mark Baldwin III
07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
That is a nice saw. I picked one up a while back, and really enjoy using it. I think yours may have been cut down, as mine is a 20". It will say on the etch what the plate length is. When I asked about mine here, I was told that it was likely made around 1922. Mine has a "warranted superior" medallion, which as far as I know is the proper part. From what I gather, these are not the most common saw out there, but they don't seem to be very sought after either.

Jacob Nothstine
07-16-2012, 8:59 AM
The one I have is marked 16" so the size is right. I ended up giving it to my 5 year old son. It's just the right size for him. He realy like it a lot, was cutting with it this weekend.
Thanks for the information.
Jacob