PDA

View Full Version : hvlp

Ralph Butts
07-12-2012, 1:04 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the quality of a Fuji Q3 HVLP system?

Mikail Khan
07-12-2012, 1:21 PM
I have a 6 year old 3 turbine system fuji. Solidly built.

Very happy with the performance. Filters and consumables are available from amazon.

MK

scott vroom
07-12-2012, 2:30 PM
I have a 6 year old 3 turbine system fuji. Solidly built.

Very happy with the performance. Filters and consumables are available from amazon.

MK

I've had a Q4 for 2 years and use it frequently...It's a solid machine and performs as advertised. A word of caution on the optional 6' flex whip hose: it's brittle and if you stand or walk on it it will crack/leak. After numerous dust tape patches I gave up and threw it away. It's not really a necessary accerssory; I've not missed it a bit.

Van Huskey
07-12-2012, 4:01 PM
Just FYI the project finishing forum has a TON of HVLP threads and info in it.

Lloyd McKinlay
07-12-2012, 4:42 PM
I've had a Q4 for 2 years and use it frequently...It's a solid machine and performs as advertised. A word of caution on the optional 6' flex whip hose: it's brittle and if you stand or walk on it it will crack/leak. After numerous dust tape patches I gave up and threw it away. It's not really a necessary accerssory; I've not missed it a bit.

Interesting. I've used the flex hose for roughly 10 years with no problems and wouldn't consider trying to spray anything other than a flat panel without it.

Scott Vigder
07-12-2012, 5:56 PM
I've had the Q3 for about three years. It performs flawlessly. It is so simple to use, if I have not needed it's services for a while I can pick it up and use it as if it had been a daily tool. I have no problems with the whip hose. If you get a good price, snap it up!

Ralph Butts
07-12-2012, 9:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was in such a rush to post I forgot about the finishing group. Apologies for not posting this in a more appropriate forum. I have found a good price so I am going to "snap it up" as advised. Thanks again.

scott vroom
07-14-2012, 3:36 PM
To my earlier comment about the crappy quality of the whip hose, I can, as of this morning, add that the primary hose that connects to the turbine cracked at the coupling rendering the gun useless right in the middle of a large cabinet finishing job, GDI. The sprayer gets a lot of use but that hose was not abused and should have lasted longer than 2.5 years. While I'm please with the quality of the turbine and sprayer, the hoses are crap.

Update: I was able to repair the hose coupling with a female brass garden hose repair coupling. The hose failed where the original coupling was crimped onto it. I suspect heat from the turbine, which is very intense at the point of exit, contributed to the failure. I anticipate having to do another repair in a year or 2.