PDA

View Full Version : Finally Back to Turning!

Pete Jordan
07-11-2012, 6:05 PM
After getting my Serious lathe I decided I would redo my garage. Most of the work is done and I am waiting on one last piece. This is the first large piece that I have started on the Serious and it was a delight! The wood it birch from a neighbor and I will hang to dry and look at it in a couple of months.

Thanks for looking...

Harvey M. Taylor
07-11-2012, 6:27 PM
Is your captive system built into the lathe ? Sure looks like it. Max

Bernie Weishapl
07-11-2012, 7:43 PM
Glad to see ya back in the saddle Pete. That is one monster lathe.

Tom Winship
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I would be right at home in that shop. John Keeton would have appoplexy (sp?). Great lathe and nice work.

Tim Rinehart
07-12-2012, 8:28 AM
Good to see you're able to start playing with that beast of a machine. I'm assuming the hollowing system is by Serious...looks well made for ...ahem...serious hollowing. ;)

I've not looked at one up close, but I like the look of the tapered approach to the spindle, better design than the PMs for getting at backside of a turning. Probably the one thing I would like to have seen them (PM) do a better job of on the redesigned 4224b.

Steve Schlumpf
07-12-2012, 8:54 AM
Where are the sandbags to counter the out-of-balance blank??

Looks like quite the setup Pete! Probably the only thing you have to worry about while turning is getting tired facial muscles from smiling too much!! Have fun turning! Looking forward to seeing the form once it is completed!

Baxter Smith
07-12-2012, 8:55 AM
Neat pics Pete! So whats the one last piece on the shop redo? Hope its not a bigger lathe! Interesting design on the rear trap.

Michelle Rich
07-12-2012, 9:19 AM
heck yeah, redo the garage..when a lathe like that comes thru the doors, all else must come up to a new level!!! :-) Zowie, what a set-up. JEALOUS!!!

Pete Jordan
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the comments! The hollowing system is a Oneway. The final piece is an Ibeam but that might take a while.